Unhappy with my dealership service experience.....

Sounds like a good method....Do they still use that huge airbox tupperware setup on the 2013?
I get why they do it from a physics point of view as the IAT is seated in large volume of isolated fluid(air) that does not conduct heat well(thanks to the tupper tank) and thus heatsoak the thermistor. Great idea in theory..not so great for serviceability. But hey just ordered my RAMAIR and next up is the DobecK AFR+ and all that tupperware is getting ripped out.

Man I get off tangent.....
You will find out changing the plugs is easy once the plumbing is off . Might I suggest while your under the hood you pull, clean and re-crimp the low tension leads to the coils. Some have been known to work loose over time easy to tighten up with a pair of needle nose and will eliminate a little misfire monster from showing up and chasing you around for a while. Don't ask me how I know :)
The low tension leads are pretty easy to get at except #1 coil but it is worth the time for maintenance. And it like greasing the drive shaft splines is not listed in the maintenance manual. Just something most of us figured out over time.

low leads (Yeller) picture below on # 2 coil

coil lead wires.jpg

Hope this helps.

No dealer to get upset with here in Arkansas. Lucky to have you folks.

Thanks for the info Warp and will do! Got a "Flipstand" on order as well as a RAMAIR. Todays quandry is why are my EBC Double H's dragging up front. Wish Triumph would have put a center stand on her so I can see if the front wheel spins freely. Not being to do that I'll ride her for a mile using the back brakes and see how hot the front rotor(s)get. Ahhhh....Triumph ownership....always something.

Thanks for all the wisdom guys!

Cheers...Greg

You will find out changing the plugs is easy once the plumbing is off . Might I suggest while your under the hood you pull, clean and re-crimp the low tension leads to the coils. Some have been known to work loose over time easy to tighten up with a pair of needle nose and will eliminate a little misfire monster from showing up and chasing you around for a while. Don't ask me how I know :)
The low tension leads are pretty easy to get at except #1 coil but it is worth the time for maintenance. And it like greasing the drive shaft splines is not listed in the maintenance manual. Just something most of us figured out over time.

low leads (Yeller) picture below on # 2 coil

coil lead wires.jpg

Hope this helps.
I figured out the drive shaft greasing a must having been a KAWASAKI dealer and had several splines dry out wear and fail on bikes that werent greased every 10,000 miles and and saw Triumph didnt have a service mentioned for the drive shaft splines an oversight I guess ?

Thanks for the info Warp and will do! Got a "Flipstand" on order as well as a RAMAIR. Todays quandry is why are my EBC Double H's dragging up front. Wish Triumph would have put a center stand on her so I can see if the front wheel spins freely. Not being to do that I'll ride her for a mile using the back brakes and see how hot the front rotor(s)get. Ahhhh....Triumph ownership....always something.

Thanks for all the wisdom guys!

Cheers...Greg

Like brake are red hot, cherry red dragging or just a little noise while going slow?? A little drag should be expected. They are disc brakes and that's the nature of the beast.

Like brake are red hot, cherry red dragging or just a little noise while going slow?? A little drag should be expected. They are disc brakes and that's the nature of the beast.

Dragging while engine is off in garage....I can not hear with my Full Face Helmet on so I will take a little drive using back brakes only and see how the front disks feel. EBC says 100 miles easy braking then bed them....I am at 40 miles so it could be slight Caliper pushback. It is all good...amped up as I ordered my Dobeck AFR+ and I am going to rip these bike apart once flips stand gets here and do it right-including Warps suggestion to clean and recrimp the low tension leads...I built a 200mph Pulsar Aircraft 6 years ago...I think I can wean myself off depending on Triumph dealers to do routine tasks...Or avoid them completely.

With the knowledge base on this board...Anything is possible!

Cheers...Greg

Iridium plugs are designed to last a long time, not make a better spark. They have higher resistance and have a weaker spark than normal plugs. The normal NGK plugs are great for our job.

Read the board and it was the consensus I gathered?

Good info and +1 on what Idaho RR3 said - I replaced mine with Iridium's last November & thought that it actually ran less smooth and seemed like less power (like there was a hesitation, so not as consistent in power)...... So I had to wonder if I was just imagining that??????? Then put new standard plugs back in 2 weeks ago & instantly smoother & returned to normal power (no hesitation).
So it was not my imagination

Back