Two Different Worlds.

I have to chime in, being I have both. I had em' all ****** rockets, tourers etc.. When I saw my first Rocket, I was "wow" I gotta have one! Absolutely love the bike. My Harley Electra Glide has its place, on cold days the fairing helps, and on long trips I enjoy it. If I had to pick one ------ drum roll ---------- the ROCKET STAYS !! It's just fun to ride ! I don't agree with some, I don't think Harley is going away, there are just too many around, and way too many sidewalk commandos in love with them !

My 04 fxdli with all the upgrades was awesome in fact it took the 2300 cc Rocket to replace it, even so if it didn't cost so much to rebuild them I would probably still have it. As for other peoples reactions to my bikes I felt pretty much invisible on the harleys, My thunderbird Storm got the most awe , kids were always rolling down their windows to ask if my Rocket was a 6 cylinder, and my 2013 S3 SE is always a hit at the car shows (as long as its clean). and my K1600 gtl only seems to be noticed by gold wing riders.
a couple local hd dealers carry triumph now and I gotta say I don't see any "hard core" bikers in there, I see a lot of couples that look like they just came from the golf coarse to try a new hobby. Harley's been the yuppie status symbol since the mid 80's.

Last edited:
Back