Two Different Worlds.

sonny

Living Legend
Ride
rocket three x
Rode the Harley to work yesterday. Got up to main street Henryetta and got pulled over by one of Henryetta finest. Lucky for me we knew each other from past run ends at the local gas station. He asked me when was the last time I rode the Harley. I thought to myself really you pulled me over for that. Before we could come up with a smart ass answer he informed me my tags where a bit out of date. Then we remembered. Tags were due in November but never got around to putting them on the bike. Heading back home and finding the tags in the dresser kind of made me stop and think a bit. The last time we rode the Harley was back around November the third. That is a long time to just let a bike sit and gather dust. The Rocket X got 4,000 miles during that time frame. So then it all started to make sense to me why we were having such a hard time. floor boards were not in the right position, the shiftier seemed out of place, the hole **** thing felt strange. Got over it and stopped to get gas. Here lately when we stop to get gas people seemed to look at the Rocket and either smile or start up a conversation. Not so on the Harley. All we got was some nervous looks and no conversation at all not even eye contact. Yes the Harley is a nice bike but it did not take much to figure out that the image of the long haired boot wearing Harley rider is alive and well. It really got me to thinking. Since we bought the Rocket life in general has been pretty **** good. Seem to be a in a lot better spirits all the way around. Could it be that we have maybe by riding a triumph changed are image by others so much that now we are happier? Some will be a smart ass and say ride what you want. I say bull****. Harley did their best to create that image and guess what? They can have it. Beside all that the Rocket is the better bike. More fun to ride.:mad::(:):):):):):):laugh:

Last edited:
I went into the Harley dealer on the way back from the Gold Coast today to grab another jug of S100 and I was joking with the guy behind the counter, when they asked what I ride: I said I ride a Rocket , no response from Mr Harleypants.. I said I would like to get a Harley but they don't make one big enough for my frame (yeah dumb joke because I am one patty short of a big mac, 5'10"180lb..) the guy just stared at me..:evil: I think they take the whole HD or nothing crap a bit too seriously...
Looking around the "boutique" it just seemed a bit silly all that crap with HD written on everything... even the doggy bowls..
Although the Road Glide is a cool looking bike..
Just made me feel grateful I have a Triumph Rocket and it speaks for itself (except when I proudly wear my t-shirt as per my pic..lol)..

I've had my RIII since January 2009 .. done 130,000klms on it. It's taken us to every State and Territory in Australia .. never owned a bike this long .. and I've ridden bikes all my life .. I f#ckin love my Rocket and it sounds like you do as well :thumbsup:

I've had my RIII since January 2009 .. done 130,000klms on it. It's taken us to every State and Territory in Australia .. never owned a bike this long .. and I've ridden bikes all my life .. I f#ckin love my Rocket and it sounds like you do as well :thumbsup:
Yep I sure do TC..! :thumbsup: I have only had mine (2006 classic tourer) since early 2015 and I haven't had a really good long ride yet. I had to get it sorted out a bit first (she was a bit tired and well used when I got her), just some of the usual stuff, TPS etc but it is running sweet now. I am glad I persisted and took the time to get to understand the bike. I now look at other bikes and wonder if anything can match the Rocket riding experience.. and there is nothing. I will likely get some other bike one day, just something easy to jump and go on, but I will likely have the Rocket forever, can't imagine life without her now!
I have had the HD experience and I found it was all about trying to fit the image, never really just rode the thing without feeling self conscious.. the Rocket is all riding pleasure, just me and the bike, FTW!

I can not agree with both of you more. My first bike was a 1975 Yamaha 350 Rd. Since then we have had a lot of bikes but the Rocket is like a hand in glove for me anyways. Never have we had a bike that not only fits are riding ability but also fits are outlook on life. Here in the states there is a lot of crap going on. Egos and bull****. Just not buying it anymore.

Last edited:
heck, I just like mine cause it goes FAST and ain't a Harley....
Reading the first post, I had to go look at the Harley sitting in the shed,
last time it was tagged was 2012.
Nobody getting much use out of that boat anchor.
But, it was a nice bike for the wife to learn on.

Rode the Harley to work yesterday. Got up to main street Henryetta and got pulled over by one of Henryetta finest. Lucky for me we knew each other from past run ends at the local gas station. He asked me when was the last time I rode the Harley. I thought to myself really you pulled me over for that. Before we could come up with a smart ass answer he informed me my tags where a bit out of date. Then we remembered. Tags were due in November but never got around to putting them on the bike. Heading back home and finding the tags in the dresser kind of made me stop and think a bit. The last time we rode the Harley was back around November the third. That is a long time to just let a bike sit and gather dust. The Rocket X got 4,000 miles during that time frame. So then it all started to make sense to me why we were having such a hard time. floor boards were not in the right position, the shiftier seemed out of place, the hole **** thing felt strange. Got over it and stopped to get gas. Here lately when we stop to get gas people seemed to look at the Rocket and either smile or start up a conversation. Not so on the Harley. All we got was some nervous looks and no conversation at all not even eye contact. Yes the Harley is a nice bike but it did not take much to figure out that the image of the long haired boot wearing Harley rider is alive and well. It really got me to thinking. Since we bought the Rocket life in general has been pretty **** good. Seem to be a in a lot better spirits all the way around. Could it be that we have maybe by riding a triumph changed are image by others so much that now we are happier? Some will be a smart ass and say ride what you want. I say bull****. Harley did their best to create that image and guess what? They can have it. Beside all that the Rocket is the better bike. More fun to ride.:mad::(:):):):):):):laugh:

I always enjoy reading your posts, but I have to ask..... Since you always refer to yourself as We, Is there more than one of you in there? ;)

Since I got my Rocket in 2007 I have rode my other bikes less and less. So much less I have sold them off and now only have the TBS left. Even with it becoming vintage in 2018 I think I might sell it off come this spring. The Rocket is all I want to ride.

i feel the same about my R3T but i am having a hard time letting go of my 82 Magna. i love the little bike for what it is a little piece of crazy japanese engineering that i look like a gorilla while riding.

Back