Man

You guy's like to think to much about what to do to your bike's. I know what to do with mine, ride it. While you guy's are modifying yours I'm ridding mine.:p

with whats going on inthe us at the moment this shootings etc, i think this reply should be deleted

I could have said, cut the wires, I could have said remove the bulbs....I could have said it's quite illegal to not have daytime running lights in some States on a 2 or 3 wheel contrivance or I could have said nothing which is quite unlike me. In as much as I appear to have ruffled your feathers even though I don't see what debilitating your headlights has to do with "whats going on inthe us at the moment this shootings etc" (sic). Actually, what's going on with 'us' which, I infer is 'me', I went riding yesterday. First I took out my R3 for a ride of a round 100 miles, give or take and then I parked the R3 and took the Bonnie and sidecar for a ride, also, around 100 miles. I had a wonderful day on both bikes, thank you.:)

Texas has better drivers......

Not sure why you'd wanna lose those headlights. Maybe you have better drivers than Texas?

In my humble opinion, on the 'pole of competence', Michigan drivers rate firmly at the 'bottom of the pole'. I consider them to be totally incompetent. That incompetence is exacerbated by the continuous use of cell phones, combing or brushing of hair, putting on makeup, reading the paper or book, dressing (or undressing)(engaging is acts of self gratification)(to the enjoyment of passing truck drivers) and jamming to the music with the volume set at eardrum breaking levels (body panels and windows visibly vibrating), using their hands and feet to mimic some idiot while driving down the freeway or any road for that matter blatantly disregarding the speed limit.

I'm sure there are more, more creative diversions to the task at hand, that is driving your cage responsibly that I haven't listed. Additions are welcome.

Lately, I've noticed these diversion trends to be spilling over into the realm of 2 wheels, dresser bikes with radio's blaring or riders with helmets resembling fighter pilots helmets jabbering in attached microphones and gesturing with their hands while talking into these helmets....bad business. Even worse is the antics of the ****** rocket crowd, riding on the rear wheel and elevated speeds on pavement out of control, at least sane control, in traffic....seriuos loss of epidermal tissue.:eek:

Safety Mania

In Scandinavian countries (most, if not all), cars have to have their lights ON all the time. They go on the minute you start the engine and, no, there's no way you can switch them off. Which, of course, defeats the purpose of making bikes better visible to car drivers :mad:

Here in Switz. a law to emulate the so-called "Scandinavian example" was eventually repelled, quite fortunately. During a test period of 12 months during which the government "strongly recommended" (via a tax-payers-funded ad campaign) --but did note quite impose--that car drivers keep their lights on during daytime, less than 10% of them complied :p

But I am afraid the safety pundits and other bureaucrats will strike back. Jamie:(

Geeze Cosky..... If I deleted t Flip's post I'd have to go back and delete 100's more of his posts that are a lot more offensive than that :roll:

Flip's motto is "Type first, ask questions later"...

I know it will probably piss everyone off but do you still want to figure out a way to do this?? Probably the easiest... Would be to pull the headlight fuse. Insert two wires into the fuse box sockets (for the headlight fuse), Put an inline fuse into one of these wires, and then run both of these wires to a switch that you could mount in one of the plastic side pieces under the gas tank. To start the bile, the switch would have to be "on", once running, you could turn it off and that would kill the headlights. Keep in mind that if the switch is "off", your starter will not operate.

Other than doing some work on the bike, like playing with TuneBoy etc..I don't see any advantage to doing this, other than leaving a bar drunk on yer *ss at 3 am and trying to avoid the cops by having no lights. Chances are good you won't make it home anyway so why not turn your lights off?

The alternator can more than keep up with any electrical load the headlights can put on it. If you are drag racing the bike... I'd be pulling a lot more than the headlights off.

I hope this helps..:D

US and foreign auto makers have been playing around with "lights on during daytime" for quite a few years now. It seems as though the "lights off during daytime" feature is holding it's own,.....solidly. I would say about 1% have lights on during daytime. My wife thinks its around 1%.

Back