Lx ...tuneecu on my android phone...trickle charger connected....pulled the light fuse...ignition on...connect...find your map and reprogramme...20 mins later its loaded...ran the bike on idle for 20 mins...done.

Now after todays dyno run i have 159.5 RWHP...196.80 NM of torque ....and.....300kph top speed....that my friends should do me for now!....oh...and 7200rpm

Last edited:
I have unrestricted tune and Dave Platt exhaust, soon as Dyno guy has time we will do a run, Does anybody have a stock TFC Dyno run?

Lx ...tuneecu on my android phone...trickle charger connected....pulled the light fuse...ignition on...connect...find your map and reprogramme...20 mins later its loaded...ran the bike on idle for 20 mins...done.

Now after todays dyno run i have 159.5 RWHP...196.80 NM of torque ....and.....300kph top speed....that my friends should do me for now!....oh...and 7200rpm
That is only a gain of about 5hp to your last run with the stock map you posted last time. Is the actual map derestricted?
Do you know how you got rid of the 220kmh speed cut?

Not sure. if the map is derestricted...downloaded it from my email to files in my phone and then put it into the bike...first time using Tuneecu so it was a bit of a learning curve for me i gotta say. The guy who has the dyno is about to tip a bucket of cash into the dyno to update it so maybe its a tad old. I noticed there was quite a difference in the figures on each run. The best NM reading was 211...another 206...i was mildly surprised in the PS figure thinking it would be higher. There were two instances of what appeared to be wheel slip with an arc of hp....maybe just maybe it would read better if the dyno was better. I DO know however that the bike has had a kick in the arse! :p
He asked me if i wanted to see its top speed and it went past the 249km mark i was expecting it to stop at and went all the way to 300...whoaaa!

Not sure. if the map is derestricted...downloaded it from my email to files in my phone and then put it into the bike...first time using Tuneecu so it was a bit of a learning curve for me i gotta say. The guy who has the dyno is about to tip a bucket of cash into the dyno to update it so maybe its a tad old. I noticed there was quite a difference in the figures on each run. The best NM reading was 211...another 206...i was mildly surprised in the PS figure thinking it would be higher. There were two instances of what appeared to be wheel slip with an arc of hp....maybe just maybe it would read better if the dyno was better. I DO know however that the bike has had a kick in the arse! :p
He asked me if i wanted to see its top speed and it went past the 249km mark i was expecting it to stop at and went all the way to 300...whoaaa!
There’s no way to change the speed limiter. The only way to know what the limit is is to keep increasing the speed until the engine cuts out.

There’s no way to change the speed limiter. The only way to know what the limit is is to keep increasing the speed until the engine cuts out.
Quote..."He asked me if i wanted to see its top speed and it went past the 249km mark i was expecting it to stop at and went all the way to 300...whoaaa!"

Somewhere - sometime - some place - I read that the road-speed limiter is geo-spatial and not taken from the speedo itself....????

If it is, then on the dyno there would be no road-speed limiting and the engine would rev out to the rev limiter.

Have to see if I can find that little gem of info again.....

Penner would most likely know if that's true???

Quote..."He asked me if i wanted to see its top speed and it went past the 249km mark i was expecting it to stop at and went all the way to 300...whoaaa!"

Somewhere - sometime - some place - I read that the road-speed limiter is geo-spatial and not taken from the speedo itself....????

If it is, then on the dyno there would be no road-speed limiting and the engine would rev out to the rev limiter.

Have to see if I can find that little gem of info again.....

Penner would most likely know if that's true???
You’re suggesting that the front wheel needs to be spinning for the ECU to sense the speed? Too heady for me. But, the rev limiter can be increased to 7400 on the R and GT. Above that, it would presumably sputter.

You’re suggesting that the front wheel needs to be spinning for the ECU to sense the speed? Too heady for me. But, the rev limiter can be increased to 7400 on the R and GT. Above that, it would presumably sputter.
I think I must have imagined it. Page 596 of the workshop manual says "Rear wheel speed sensor supplies road speed data to the engine ECM."

And P. 72 says "Vehicle speed control is from ABS."

So - I dunno! Maybe I was watching Star Trek......

Still - I bet the nannies will eventually decide that's a good idea................

I think I must have imagined it. Page 596 of the workshop manual says "Rear wheel speed sensor supplies road speed data to the engine ECM."

And P. 72 says "Vehicle speed control is from ABS."

So - I dunno! Maybe I was watching Star Trek......

Still - I bet the nannies will eventually decide that's a good idea................
Well, doesn’t this imply that the new Rocket doesn’t have a speed limiter? At least not less than 300 kph, which this bike could not do on the road. The old stock Rocket tunes were limited to 218 kph but could be raised to 300.

Back