Use the OBDLink app and instructions to set up and pair the OBDLink LX. You need to first turn on Bluetooth on your Android device and turn off any other BT devices you have paired with it.
Yep...its all done thanx...idling bike now while the bike and the tune get to know each other,,,i swear the exhaust note is deeper...

took the bike for a short squirt around the block...out on to the motorway...gave it a twist in 3rd gear...shot from 30kph to alot more in a very quick time!...i need to take the bike for a longer ride to get a real feel for it...there is no missing or any other problems and the decel burble/pop is still there.
I aim to get it on a dyno and get some real figures soon....until then its a seat of the pants thing.

So...
You need a OBDlink LX bluetooth....android phone with tune downloaded from email from DNK ...Tune ecu app from playstore on your phone...OBD link app from playstore on your phone..(obdlink.com/app)...connect trickle charger..remove 7.5 fuse for lights....ignition on...(towards you)
pair the OBDlink LX to your phone...plug into the diagnostic plug under the seat...open tunecu on your phone app and the map will come up...maps...programme...answer prompts...wait...it will step thru percentages of download...follow prompts...unhook everything and run motor on idle for 20 mins..... done.

took the bike for another run today on a closed road....it seems to be more grunty.....coasting along in 6th gear at 80kph...twisted the throttle around hard and in about 5 secs was hitting 200kph....just got there real quick...tried slowing down to 20kph in 2nd...grabbed a handful and released the clutch at the same time and she almost lifted...very impressed!

Hi Tal, I look forward to your impression of long ride and result of dyno measurement.
I′m concerned if engine brake becomes stronger a little bit then throttle control get nervous. How do you feel?
Not only ETV tables but also F tables and I tables of DNK map are different from Triumph standard map i.e. 31018?
Did you modify exhaust or something?

took the bike for a short squirt around the block...out on to the motorway...gave it a twist in 3rd gear...shot from 30kph to alot more in a very quick time!...i need to take the bike for a longer ride to get a real feel for it...there is no missing or any other problems and the decel burble/pop is still there.
I aim to get it on a dyno and get some real figures soon....until then its a seat of the pants thing.
I keep hearing different Dyno numbers on the new Rocket. Anyone on here had a stock on the dyno yet?

The throttle remains the same i feel...think this map is 31012...yes my exhaust has been modified...cat box taken out and replaced with tailored boom box retaining stock 'mufflers'...which in reality arn't mufflers but metal covers...the muffler is within the boom box in the form of flutes deflecting pulse...sounds nice and not too loud due to fibreglass packing.

I keep hearing different Dyno numbers on the new Rocket. Anyone on here had a stock on the dyno yet?
Yes...we had my cobbers 'R' model on the dyno prior to doing exhaust mods and after...we needed to know if the tune was ok enuff to take the new exhaust and then of course did it alter after the mods.
Answer was yes it was fine on both accounts...

Attachments

• imagejpeg_1[248].jpg
    imagejpeg_1[248].jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 44
The throttle remains the same i feel...think this map is 31012...yes my exhaust has been modified...cat box taken out and replaced with tailored boom box retaining stock 'mufflers'...which in reality arn't mufflers but metal covers...the muffler is within the boom box in the form of flutes deflecting pulse...sounds nice and not too loud due to fibreglass packing.
Thanks Tal.
Yes, your bike is GT, 31012 is correct.
Have you uploaded pictures of your bike somewhere? I want to look the exhaust.

Back