tuneboy vs power comander

zipp

Standard Bore
:D hey all ,could i get advice on which is best ,my rocket has the cat removed and a 3 into 2 system with staintune mufflers,on deceleration it pops and crackles like crazy. i have been told that a tuneboy tune will stop this and also open the secondary butterflies quicker than stock also re-calibrate my speedo and also turn my thrmo fan on at an earlier temp,is this true or a crock.so which is better.also what is the best coolent for the engine ,in the aussie summer i am finding the thermos are coming on soon after i set off on a ride.
also can i get some advice on other ,low cost performance mods i can do to wake this engine up a bit
thanks in advance

Tuneboy is the way to go. It actually reprograms the ECU instead of making recalculations from the ECU signal. If tuneboy dosen't have a tune for your setup you can have a custom map made via dyno.

Zip
As far as other performance mods are concerned.... Cat delete, open the exhaust (I did Jardines..I would imagine the Staintunes do a fair job too), maybe some individual K&N's, then the new tune to put some fuel to the fire and you'll probably have all the "wake up" you'll want for a while. Just make sure you're leaning forward over the tank when you twist the throttle or you'll have that sleepy Rocket sitting in your lap.

thanks

cheers mate ,one thing i noticed is that you have opted for the pc111 over the tune boy,what made you do that ...i have another bike with a pc111 in it and it is fantastic because i can play around with the tune easy ,im just a bit sceptical about how easy the tune boy is to get along with

I've had both, and even if the Power Commander hadn't quit on me I was going to get the Tune Boy. Now that I have it I can not imagine a reason to go back to the Power Commander. I think that I got some 'glitches' on occasion from the way the PC trys to trick the ECU. I had some idle problems (minor compared to some folks) and a few (like maybe 3) times where it died during a shift from 1'st to 2'nd. I think now that they were related to the PCIII but to be fair it may just have been the Triumph tune. Once I installed the Tune Boy and loaded a tune that was close to correct (from a generous Captain on this net) the bike has never missed a beat or idled rough or surged at all. The Tune boy is very easy to tune, but you need a lap top or a LONG cable from the bedroom to the driveway :lol: :lol: . Like the PCIII you can just richen or lean the mixture without changing anything else. It also allows you to data log some info but I haven't gotten around to playing with that yet.

I still haven't completely figured out the tune boy, it takes some time to figure out. I got the ECU no. but there are a couple different tunes to load for the same conf, stock exh with cat removed, 20055, 20143, can I change the perameters within these tunes, I should be able too. Worried loading in the wrong program.

Back