biker1059

Turbocharged
Ride
Rocket GT
Ok, heres the deal. I've noticed my bike kinda surges at about 3k rpm and quits about 3.5k rpm. It only does this when I load the 20226 tune vs the 20050-3. I copied the L tables from the 20050-3 that I had fattened up. The engine sounds very smooth when its doing this and you can really only feel it by the seat of the pants so to say. Kinda like a gust of wind hits you. Like I said engine sounds very steady. I really like the 20226 tune better only because when I start the engine it doesn't rev high and calms very quickly. Has anyone else noticed anything like this? My bike has under the seat filter,Tors,cat bypass and O2 delete. Does anyone have a better tune or suggestions.

You are feeling the transistion between the fuel maps you have graphted. The 20050_3 tune is for triple uni-filters right?

If you like the 20226 tune, take it and copy the 20050_2 L and F fuel tables into it. Also copy the I4 table to the I2 and 3 maps. If it pops on decel and you want to get rid of it you this info to add fuel to the correct areas.

Link Removed

I did copy the L tables but not the F. What does copying the I4 to the I2 and I3 tables do? No decel pop problem I've already fattened them up using the chart from the link. As always thanks for your response

The timing is retarding in the first few gears in the stock tunes to restrict power. Copying the I4 timing map into I2 and 3 gives "full" advance.

If you copied from 20050_3 tune the F table will be way too rich. Stick with the 20050_2 tune. I don't think Wayne from Tuneboy did much to the L tables in any of the custom tunes on his site.

Ok, I've got the 20226 as my base tune and I've copied the L and F tables from the 20050_2. No more surge. This worked out great. Thanks again Pig9r

Back