Triumph survey 12/8/15

Jag

Living Legend
Ride
2013 R3T
FYI
Just received an email from Triumph asking my input on my 2+ year old R3T.

Just when I thought the survey was over they started asking questions about what I would like on a new rocket and the price point they should charge for those options.

They had almost everything on the survey that all of us talk about here. The only thing they did not ask about was a six speed transmission.

They did ask about, brakes, cruise control, launch control, hill assist, seating position, gauges, led headlights, the look of the headlights, forged rims, clutch, exhaust, and power options for the engine, and a few things I forgot about.

Overall a pretty good survey and you can make comments at the end.

I guess this is good news for the rocket, and I can't wait to see what they come up with!

FYI
Just received an email from Triumph asking my input on my 2+ year old R3T.

Just when I thought the survey was over they started asking questions about what I would like on a new rocket and the price point they should charge for those options.

They had almost everything on the survey that all of us talk about here. The only thing they did not ask about was a six speed transmission.

They did ask about, brakes, cruise control, launch control, hill assist, seating position, gauges, led headlights, the look of the headlights, forged rims, clutch, exhaust, and power options for the engine, and a few things I forgot about.

Overall a pretty good survey and you can make comments at the end.

I guess this is good news for the rocket, and I can't wait to see what they come up with!
I got it too. The biggest adds I want are the factory cruise control and heated grips. Yes I like the idea of a 190HP engine from Hinckley and many of the other ideas too. I am curious as to what they will bring out next.

I got it too. The biggest adds I want are the factory cruise control and heated grips. Yes I like the idea of a 190HP engine from Hinckley and many of the other ideas too. I am curious as to what they will bring out next.

Boy that instrument cluster they showed a picture of was terrible looking, along with the picture of the slanted dual headlights!!?? Wish I had screen shot it so I could have posted it here!

I got it too (8 month old Roadster) - interesting stuff, be good to see some detailed investment and development in the Rocket :thumbsup:

Same, got this survey just after I bought it in 2010 and this is the next. Haven't looked at it, but I doubt it's any more than going thru the motions. I don't think I'm off the mark by saying marketing and customer response mean little to Triumph, they'll (Bloor) will do what he wants.

I too had the survey yesterday and was pleased as it shows they have not forgotten the mighty R3 and there might be an updated version coming out. Thought the power options and others were interesting with the exception of the slanty lights which weren't my cup of tea. I didn't think the TFT screen option suited the bike either. Maybe that's just me. I like the 2 instruments.

They also asked questions about brake options one of which was Brembo. I believe the rear are Brembo anyway aren't they?

Re suggestions I posted many expressed on the forum including the rear suspension. I also said that there were very little accessories available to personalise your bike, no Rocket specific clothing and that they should celebrate the fact it is the largest engined production bike and publicise its uniqueness. I also said its prominence at the NEC last week was poor, not to diminish the quality either as IMO some of the new Triumphs are now wearing cheaper looking parts.

I got my survey as well and gave them my 2 cents worth as well. I took plenty of time, when given the opportunity, to air what changes I would like to see made to the touring rocket.

I'm not a big fan of tank mounted speedometers and the lack of a tach. I don't like anything that requires me to take my eyes off the road. It is especially a problem when trying to leading the pack and maintaining speed when I know the bikers behind me have their cruise set. I questioned why they had declawed the the touring. They needed to let the beast run free. performance, horsepower, cruise, and a gear indicator (which was the first accessory I added) were high on my list.

Anyway, if you get a survey...I suggest you give them your input. They may not take note of what you say, but if they get enough valid input some changes my take place. They did have a lot of questions about a variety of changes from lighting, keyless ignition, cruise, hard bags, riding position, tank size, styling, dashboard, handlebar position, brakes, mileage, heated grips, etc......so maybe they will come up with some new options for the rocket. That's just great!......how do I tell the wife I want sell my bike and buy another Rocket. Holy Crap!

Last edited:
Got done taking the survey last night. I gave it my all and recommended some things that really does need upgraded on the next Rocket Roadsters to come.

Given how thoroughly underwhelming my several interfaces have been with both corporate and their miserable dealerships (at least the one's I've had to deal with) what I have to say to Triumph in graphic form:

keep_calm_kiss_my_ass.jpg

Last edited:
Given how thoroughly underwhelming my several interfaces have been with both corporate and their miserable dealerships (at least the one's I've had to deal with)what I have to say to Triumph in graphic form:

keep_calm_kiss_my_ass.jpg

Don't be so negative Phil you bringing down my good karma dude!!

Back