G-Force Junkie

Supercharged
Ride
2021 Triumph Rocket III GT Black
Would it be possible for one of the managers of this forum to ask Triumph to join in. Perhaps they could chime in and respond to common issues or to provide a point of contact for our general questions? Like the calibration of the speedometer and the like. In my opinion, it would show prospective buyers that they are invested in their customers, thus counteracting any negative effect discussions of annoyances may have.

Would it be possible for one of the managers of this forum to ask Triumph to join in. Perhaps they could chime in and respond to common issues or to provide a point of contact for our general questions? Like the calibration of the speedometer and the like. In my opinion, it would show prospective buyers that they are invested in their customers, thus counteracting any negative effect discussions of annoyances may have.
Well that's up to Shawn, he owns the site.

But my personal guess is that a manufacturer would avoid such forums like poison. They might say well, we have email contact and dealers who are "highly trained and well informed" - what's the problem?

But I would also bet that they DO watch the forums.

Well that's up to Shawn, he owns the site.

But my personal guess is that a manufacturer would avoid such forums like poison. They might say well, we have email contact and dealers who are "highly trained and well informed" - what's the problem?

But I would also bet that they DO watch the forums.
They do. I was at Hinkley last week and they said, literally, that they do watch social media and various owners groups

I doubt they would have an official presence but someone in their PR department goes through groups and forums. I have a Ram pickup and they are on several of the forums but all they do is say visit your dealer or call our customer service number, never give any information on forum.

There is no doubt that if Triumph started being active on a forum it woukd very quickly degenerate into a bash fest. Whatever input they had there would be someone or several who would disagree and not accept a response as the answer but rather as an invitation to an argument. The most likely outcome would be that people would in fact be less satisfied. As it is you should be happy in the knowledge that Triumph is receiving your feedback already, whether directly or by monitoring social media, including this site.

There is no doubt that if Triumph started being active on a forum it woukd very quickly degenerate into a bash fest. Whatever input they had there would be someone or several who would disagree and not accept a response as the answer but rather as an invitation to an argument. The most likely outcome would be that people would in fact be less satisfied. As it is you should be happy in the knowledge that Triumph is receiving your feedback already, whether directly or by monitoring social media, including this site.
Hard to be happy in the knowledge that Triumph is receiving your feedback when they do not put out service bulletins to cover known problems. You see other folk experiencing the same technical issues on this Forum, over and over, sometimes on the drive home, and the Dealers are unaware of the commonality of, or, initially, fixes for these issues.

They do. I was at Hinkley last week and they said, literally, that they do watch social media and various owners groups

Nearly all companies monitor the social media pages these days for commentary and complaints. It's just a part of business now. and part of the PR / Communications functional areas of the business.

Nearly all companies monitor the social media pages these days for commentary and complaints. It's just a part of business now. and part of the PR / Communications functional areas of the business.
Sure. Monitoring and soliciting feedback forms part of a quality system under continuous improvement. But it should result in mitigation, action or change which is what we do not see.

Hard to be happy in the knowledge that Triumph is receiving your feedback when they do not put out service bulletins to cover known problems. You see other folk experiencing the same technical issues on this Forum, over and over, sometimes on the drive home, and the Dealers are unaware of the commonality of, or, initially, fixes for these issues.

Sure. Monitoring and soliciting feedback forms part of a quality system under continuous improvement. But it should result in mitigation, action or change which is what we do not see.

Perfectly illustrated!

Back