Triumph Dealer Network

Dealer Assistance

Heading for El Paso, Tx next week. Can you Rocket Drivers pass on the names of "Good" dealers in or near Pensacola, Fl, Beaumont, Tx, Sonora, Tx and El Paso, Tx. I don't anticipate problems but it would be nice to know where to stop. In 2007 on my way to Sturgis, SD I did not see one Triumph dealer. I plan on trying to print up a list of dealers but would rather rely on the folks that have been there and done that :)
T-Rex

Triumph Dealers

Just a short note: I personally hand delivered a three page list of complaints for shoddy work to a Triumph dealer in central Florida in 2008 after they repeatly screwed up my bike. I purchased the R3 there, I had it serviced there and two days after the last time they installed a rear tire on my bike a local bike shop mechanic looking at my bike (Mom and Pop Shop) noticed that my rear tire was installed incorecctly. (A bolt that is supposed to go thru a bracket was resting on top of the bracket - didn't totally understand the problem But) I returned the bike to the Triumph shop, listened to their excuses, got the bike fixed, correctly this time, and have never been back. This shop no longer stocks Triumphs and has gone over to a Honda only shop. I hope Honda review the shop practices better than Triumph did.

I now travel to Palm Beach Trumph in Boynton Beach, Florida to have my bike taken care of. Charley the mechanic has a feel for the Rockets. He pays attention to detail and cleans up the bike when he's done working. I hate paying the big bucks it takes to keep a motorcycle in excellent shape, but it's worth it when you know the work is being done properly. (I am mechanically challenged).
T-Rex.

BoogerDave and myself both use the Triumph dealership in Pensacola, they have been around a long while. I used to work there before going off to Afghanistan last August. The service department is great and they just expanded the dealership...looks really nice.

If you are traveling thru I would recommend you stop by and say Hi to Dink, Julie and Travis.

Good luck on the trip.

Dennis

53 dtg Dubai
54 dtg Home

Waco, TX Dealer- Bad Experience/Story

I am from Waco, TX and I have had some difficulties with my dealer here. I was a loyal customer (have a Bonneville & an America) and when i decided to buy a R3 I went to him. We went through a buying process of getting what I wanted. As we were going through this process, we made agreements on accessories and such and when the bike was exactly what I wanted, the price was about $3000 ($20K and change) more than what i had figured. He had even charged me labor to change the tins to a "spare" set he had in the back.

When the price was presented to me I offered about $2500 less ($17500) and the dealer declined. I went to Ft. Worth the next day and got the same bike with Bettle bags, Upgraded seat, floorboards. To top it off, I got it for more than $4000 ($16k out the door) less than my local deal had offered. I had no hard feelings.

I went to talk with my local dealer abount a month later and he would barely say 2 words to me. I was disappointed. this was 2 years ago and the last time I went into the dealership that same bike was still on the showroom floor.

My next issue came when I had transmission problems. I took it in to the Waco dealer and left it there for nearly 2 weeks without a call. I called to check on it and was told they never even looked at it. Keep in mind that I made an appointment to take it in. I picked it up and took it back about a week later. Took them another 2 weeks to look at it and decide that 2nd gear was gone and needed to replace it.

They ordered parts and once the parts got there it took them 3 weeks to even start on the bike. Needless to say they took nearly 2 months total to get this issue taken care of. To just top all of this off and kick me right square in the nutt sack, he charged me $75 to take the Beddle bags off (for those of you who have never had to remove a set of Beddle bags, there are 2 acorm numbers and a bolt on each bag). I used a store credit I had donated to a charity and bought back for $100 in a silent auction. That dealer will never get another penny from just unless the owner and service manager personally apologize and give me that $75 back.

Next issue was workmanship. When they used wrenches to take the transmission appart, they chipped the paint (everywhere there is a bolt). Additionally, there is gasket sealer that has dripped over the edge of the transmission.

So, there are 3 problems:
1. Overpriced- I could potentially over look this as loyalty is more important than price.
2. Time- they had my bike for nearly 2 months and never an apology or anything else. All I got was a "tough ****" attitude
3. Crappy workmanship. No excuses for this.

I got so fed up and called Peter Carleo and he is the only bright spot in this whole story. As he exclaimed they do not have a lot of control of their dealership. That is fine because the ****ty economy will take care of dealers who do not take care of their customers. Peter took care of the issue and made it right and for that I stay a loyal Triumph owner.

it is very interesting, I have 3 Triumph motorcycles and In Waco, I would be considered a very loyal triumph owner. Therefore, people always ask me where they can get a good deal and what I think of the local dealership. I talk to people all the time and I am not shy to give my opinion about the dealer. I don't want anyone going in there to buy anything and get treated the way I have been treated.

I can say the dealers in Ft. Worth and Plano, TX have been awesome. I get everything through those 2 dealerships and I am looking at a sport bike now.

Some are great, but the bad apples like the dealer here in Waco give the rest a bad name.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to email me at bp80884@gmail.com.

Last edited:
I used to be impressed by the dealer in Waco back in about year 2000 or so when I had my TBS. Those guys would take and customize Triumphs. They had a really bad ass Speedmaster that they had put a 21" front wheel on, lowered in the rear, custom exhaust that they had made, etc.. They also had a cool dealer T-Shirt with Triumph across the back with a big State of Texas in Texas flag colors..

Now.. fast forward to last year.. 2008. I met up with Snuff at the Waco dealer when we were headed to Eureka Springs. Snuff has done alot a business with them in the past, including buying his Rocket there. Yet, they barely acknowledged that we existed. I REALLY wanted one of their dealer shirts, as mine is getting old, but... they quit carrying their Triumph dealer shirts.. They did have plenty of Ducati dealer shirts, but I just wouldn't feel right wearing a Ducati shirt on my Rocket.. lol

Bottom line.. no longer impressed with them..

Up until about 2 or 3 years ago, Jason Smith was a partner of the current dealer. He believed in Customer Service and had a lot of loyal customers. I bought my 1st triumph after spending time with Jason & his family at a church gathering. Since he has left, I know they have lost a lot of loyal customers.

He is still a friend of mine (went on a ride to Hico with him last weekend). Tremendous loss for loyal customers. Mark (current dealer) needs to take lessons and advice. Quit pissing off customers.

Send me a message next time you come through Waco. Email address is bp80884@gmail.com.

DFW Area Dealers

I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and have had very positive experiences with
Eurosport Cycle in Fort Worth (Tony Lewis)
and also RPM Cycles in Dallas (Boris Loera).
I would be happy to recommend them both.

Back