Transmission went south

Yes it sucks. A rebuild on a bike with 68,000 miles makes no sense at all. Well we are going to do it any how.
Sonny you have a transmition problem don't freak out buddy you can split the motor open and never lose the valve timing. Fix the bits of course I agree with you on the Robinson gear work. I am eager to see what is going on in the box. I might learn something!!! The important thing is you pull the sump and clean it real good get all the shrapnel out of the engine . Then put it back on bolts finger tight ya definetly want to do that or when you roll it over you can just toss a handful of welding slag in it and shake well. Oh and if you keep stressing you blood pressure will go up, Hypertension sucks !!!!!

BULL :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll: I can freak out. It was time for some work on the bike anyhow. New cam tensioners and cam chain along with the rod thing that operates the clutch. There is no way in heaven not the word really but anyhow would Not roll the motor with out emptying Forth gear Will post pics when that time comes.

....well Sonny...been reading all this and you know what?....This bike of yours has a heart...i'm pretty sure of this..lol...it dropped fourth gear just so it could motivate the mechanic in you to rebuild it....'Mr X' wants to be the baddest Rocket X out there and he needs your help!....What a great mission you will be on!...so much so i got f**ken gooselumps reading this thread!!...get that shed sorted and park 'Mr X' up on that bench...crack those fingers...roll up the sleeves...engage the brain and get started!.....If you start to get frustrated with walls in the way...back off...go and crash down on your favorite chair...have a beer and calm the f**k down....you will think clearer when youre calm...all the best my friend!

....well Sonny...been reading all this and you know what?....This bike of yours has a heart...i'm pretty sure of this..lol...it dropped fourth gear just so it could motivate the mechanic in you to rebuild it....'Mr X' wants to be the baddest Rocket X out there and he needs your help!....What a great mission you will be on!...so much so i got f**ken gooselumps reading this thread!!...get that shed sorted and park 'Mr X' up on that bench...crack those fingers...roll up the sleeves...engage the brain and get started!.....If you start to get frustrated with walls in the way...back off...go and crash down on your favorite chair...have a beer and calm the f**k down....you will think clearer when youre calm...all the best my friend!
Sounds like a scary job! Good luck with it.

Start a build thread on bike, do you have a game plan, getting crank out and such. Inquiring minds got to know. Ok just excited about what youre fixing to do, itll be the first so its big.

Simple wait on shed to arrive by the end of the month. Hook up power. Build a shelf or two. Roll the bike into shed and go to town. First order from Hermy's has shipped. That is over $700. 00 in parts. Second order has not shipped yet. That is primarily tools and a few parts. Have gone through the manual about three times double checking all recommended tools and nuts and bolts. Not about to build a engine without having everything else in order. Yes plan on going with the stroker kit. Have already talked to the man from Ireland. Hoping for a six gear but will know more as that time approaches. Prior to the transmission failure I had planed on and ordered parts for Front forks seals, Valve clearance check (including the tool required) Fuel filter, New stepper motor, New cam tensioners and chain, and a assortment of nuts and bolts that I wished to replace. After transmission failure went back through manual and ordered every tool required to break the engine down. Plus every nut bolt and gasket recommended to be replaced. Due to my mileage will replace the stator. All the above plus numerous parts to be powder coated. To include fly screen brackets, sissybar and rack, and the clutch cover plate. The clutch cover plate has a area that is missing the stock coating and wish to correct. Exhaust will be delivered to OKC to be re ceramic coated. Swing arm bearings will be replaced. Seat pillar pad and sissy bar pad will get a makeover. Performance wise it will be street cams, Ramair, and Paul's three into one exhaust. Forgot to mention the stroker kit. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: My goal is not the top end. Never has been. Speed is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you can move the wall. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: Game plan?

Back