Tranny internals

Here's one of mine from a while back.

!cid_E9F8EFFAB00548A886467AEAE31812D0@PaulPC.jpg

!cid_5AE3864943874BBAA5B81AC307F932F9@PaulPC.jpg

And the equivalent gears between the Rocket and a T160 Trident.

106_0823.JPG

Ahhh...output cluster wear n tear...such fond memories for me :roll:

Ahh you have a garage "helper" too? Mines dented my bike twice now helping.
20170428_181955.jpg

Dreams of riding too.
Whaaaat.JPG
I have SIX of the little helpers. Anytime a box is brought into the house they all gather around to investigate. When working on the bike all six will assist in the project by pawing at parts are requesting a scratch or pet at the wrong time. Have had to clean oil off their paws more than once.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Don't do up sump plugs finger tight while your motor is upside down in your garage because when it's right way up in the frame it appears oil tight and safe to start...thank **** Mrs Hunts good beach towel was on hand...

Turns out good quality Manchester can absord about 1lt of Motul :whitstling:

The remaining 4 are all torqued correctly so no reason to suspect the broken one was over-tightened, although never say never right?

The bolts were renewed 12 months ago - so question for the masses, should they be replaced every time they are removed?

Prudent to say the least!

As Murphy's/Sod's law would have it, this is the first time I've pulled the engine WITHOUT removing the front cover first - so of course i have to put it back together to confirm IF the clutch was the actual problem and not just another symptom of the cause....

Back