Trailered it Yet?

Yes never on the side stand. I also prefer to tie the front to something other than the handlebars if I can. Honestly if the front wheel chock does its job you barely have to tie the rest of the bike. On my Indians I use a five point tie system. Front wheel to chock, one tie to each front and rear guard bars.

Not the bars - use the lower triple clamp, inside the forks forward and down to the front trailer corners.
I use loop straps through the triple clamp and then hook into them down to the trailer.

The new Harley's leave the factory with two straps around the forks right above lower triple tree, fully compressing the forks.

Agreed on the hook up, but I do not fully compress the forks as this helps maintain tautness in the straps without stressing the seals.

Has anyone come up with anything else for the bike's rear other than around the rear wheel and down to the trailer?
I'm picking up my bike from Witchita, KS, Tuesday morning and trailering it back to Houston, TX. I have a U-Haul 5x9 Utility trailer with a ramp and a front chock booked.

Has anyone come up with anything else for the bike's rear other than around the rear wheel and down to the trailer?
I'm picking up my bike from Witchita, KS, Tuesday morning and trailering it back to Houston, TX. I have a U-Haul 5x9 Utility trailer with a ramp and a front chock booked.
I put a strap over the rear tire but is slipped off during the trip. Fortunately nothing moved. The Condor chock is the one necessary element.

I haven't trailered the new Rockets yet but I have lots of experience with the Roadster. I first place the front wheel in a motorcycle chock fastened to the trailer, then use 2 short good quality ratchet straps. Thread each between an exposed fork tube and the fork guard, just above the brake caliper mount then fasten the other end to the trailer and tighten (I put a cloth around the fork tube to protect it). This will keep the bike upright without any stress on the suspension (don't have to compress the shocks and possibly blow the seals). This also won't bend/damage your handlebars. I then put a 3rd smaller ratchet strap through the rear wheel and fasten both strap ends to the trailer just to keep the rear wheel from moving sideways or bouncing when the trailer hits any bumps.

I trailered mine home from dealership with soft ties around the bottom triple tree, and soft ties around the passenger pegs to secure the rear

Back