JDuke1980

Turbocharged
Not me though!

My dad traded his Rocket for this http://www.starmotorcycles.com/star/products/modelhome/4/0/home.aspx
a Yamaha Royal Star Venture.
It's almost the same color as my bike. I told him I was going to steal his fairing and trunk.
Good looking bike. Top heavy though. I couldn't believe that it has a carburetor instead of fuel injection. He picked it up yesterday, he was already commenting on the loss of power, but him and his wife will be much more comforitable on it.

Also, it seems like alot of people want a smaller radiator on the Rocket, what about making a shroud around it that also doubles as a lower fairing like on the Venture? You can see what I'm talking about here http://www.starmotorcycles.com/star/products/modelimagelib/4/12/1/0/image.aspx

radiator cover

JDuke1980, this is what i came up with makes the radiator look a lot smaller and gives it some attitude.

Attachments

• put polish alluminum on top of side piece new 006.jpg
    put polish alluminum on top of side piece new 006.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
But, I was saying, instead of a smaller radiator, what about one that has a shroud around it that would act as a lower fairing for riding in cold or wet weather? I think this would be especially good on an R3T. I plan on making it a complete touring bike eventually, trunk, fairing and all...

radiator cover

JDUKE1980, This is the same size radiator I just made a cover with vents that make it appear smaller.
I was going to make one that covers around the crash bar and blend into the radiator to stop the rain from spraying up on my legs and stopping the wind like you say but I just thought that would make the fron't end look even bigger.
I have thought abought to do a leather cover over my crash bar just like the harleys but still thinking about it.

ahh, I see what you are saying.

I don't mind the front end looking bigger (I don't know if it'd make that much difference) and I really like the way it looks on the Yamaha and the Kawasaki tourer's.

I have thought about the leather wraps, but I haven't found any made for it and don't want to buy something that is "universal" and ends up not fitting.

cover

JDUKE, I am a upholster that is my trade, one day I might make a leather wrap that fits the crash bar, or I might do something out of fibberglass because I am thinking of the same thing your are. Just don't have time right now to much going on.

Last edited:
Back