TPMS Installed and I like it.

Seriously, with the T fittings attached to the valves, I would be concerned about the centrifugal force ripping the valves out. It's why motorcycle valves are usually small.

Installed the FOBO sensors with initial cold pressure set at 38.1 psi front tire(Avon Coba) and 42 psi rear(Exedra Max). after 3 hour ride in 85 degree temp today the front tire registered 41.5 psi(89.6 F temp.) and rear was 45 psi(102.2 F temp). I installed the same T valves per Starmanut's lead.

Are these 3lb. psi pressure increases front and rear okay or should I lower the psi cold pressure by a few lbs. front and rear? I first tried the same TPMS system Starmanut uses but I could not get any reading other than 25psi front and rear. FOBO costs twice as much but works great for me. Checking my phone for psi and temp readings before a ride and later at stops works fine for me. No air loss with the T valves. Thanks for the info Starmanut. :) :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Installed the FOBO sensors with initial cold pressure set at 38.1 psi front tire(Avon Coba) and 42 psi rear(Excedra Max). after 3 hour ride in 85 degree temp today the front tire registered 41.5 psi(89.6 F temp.) and rear was 45 psi(102.2 F temp). I installed the same T valves per Starmanut's lead.

Are these 3lb. psi pressure increases front and rear okay or should I lower the psi cold pressure by a few lbs. front and rear? I first tried the same TPMS system Starmanut uses but I could not get any reading other than 25psi front and rear. FOBO costs twice as much but works great for me. Checking my phone for psi and temp readings before a ride and later at stops works fine for me. No air loss with the T valves. Thanks for the info Starmanut. :) :thumbsup:
The advice I got when asking the same sort of question re pressures was that the manufacturer specifies the cold temperature and expects that bikes will be operating in different environments. If one changes brand of tyre the 'other' tyre manufacturer won't specify what PSI to run on your bike (but will specify an upper limit probably) as they're not aware of steering geometry, weight distribution, etc, etc. One would expect an increase in pressure when the tyres warm up. On my Touring I have a TPMS system that displays both PSI and Temp on my iPhone. (I don't know how the Temp is calculated though). Internal sensor batteries lasted about two years. On the Indian with internal sensors, the Ride Command displays front and rear pressures but not temperature. As long as they're 41(R) and 36(F) when the display first starts up (after about twenty five metres or so) I'm happy. I sometimes get more than a 3 PSI rise depending on external temp. Riding in 5 degrees Celsius to Christchurch recently saw the most stable PSI reading I've yet seen! :)

Update: I started this thread a couple of years ago and just today I replaced the sensor batteries for the first time. So the batteries that came with them has lasted two years and 4 months. Don't know how long they were in there when I got them because they were pre-installed. They took a CR1225 and I had no trouble finding them on Amazon. Got a 5 pack for $3.20. Took about 15 minutes to do both.
I have had to charge the handle bar display a couple of times. but easy as pie. Just plug in to a USB port.
I have been very happy with the system, no complaints. I'm glad I put on the T-Valves to start with, too. Never have had a leak, or lost air through the valves...just the normal season changes. :)

Back