Jinbo,
I am riding to Burns, OR for my buddy's memorial ride and then after (9/28) I plan to do some more riding.
How about a hook up in Yreka and then do a ride west to Fortuna, south on 1 to Alice's?
Should be about 3-4 days for you.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Yre...3e748bb2b!2m2!1d-122.2654063!2d37.3866843!3e0

I'll be in Long Beach Ca for a meeting from the 29th to the 2nd what dates are we looking at?
I could ride the weekend of the 3rd and then maybe take vacation on the 5th

I'll be in Long Beach Ca for a meeting from the 29th to the 2nd what dates are we looking at?

We'd be in Yreka on the 28th, so we are four days off.
I have a 40th anniversary and MUST take the wife on a trip over the 14th, so time is tight.
I'll work on it.

Nice pix! Youse look to me like someone fun to ride with! o_O
Doing 2 to 3 rides of 2 to 3 weeks duration had been my habit since the sixties.
Since 2013, I prefer at least 1 ride about 3 to 4 K miles and several others in the 3 day to 2 week range.
Being so close, you NEED to hook up with Jim @RKTNMYPKT in Antioch. He is an awesome ride buddy . . . even better if you bring light bulbs! :eek: :inlove
I'll have to discover about the bulbs!

The one thing I definitely underestimated on my last trip was the cost of lodging, I think if I was going to be gone longer than two weeks I'd map out all of the KOA campgrounds ahead of time.

@dawb I rode the Touring for 5 yrs before picking up my current Roadster, and you are right it's a helluva bike.
Yeah a few years ago motell wanted the biz, I'd say costs have doubled. BUT check out Wyndham rewards, their new program allows you to use partial points to buy down the cost...and they post your earned points the next day. I'd pull into town. Use their app while getting gas and reservation was there at the hotel 5 minutes later...and my discount. No I don't work for rhem! Ha.

If I 'member correctly someone in our group was insistent on always having his own single room rather than splitting costs with a roommate?????? :p

Back