Sorry to hear about your accident and resulting ailments. Hope you get better quickly and be sure to breath deeply. Those broken ribs can discourage deep breathing, but that can onset pneumonia because the lower lobes aren't getting opened up.

I had a similar accident two years ago where I took a corner and suddenly found myself on the ground after an unexpected take slapper. It was a cold day, but no debris on the road or moisture. For me the closest we could think of is cold tires where they weren't fully warmed up so when I rolled on the throttle I just broke loose and lost control. Silly mistake because they preach cold tires at the racing school, but still happens to the best of us.

Hope you are able to find your next enjoyable ride. Looks like those couple options @Boog sent might be promising. Though that 2014 in TN seems to already have a sale pending.

The pending sale on the 2014 is me . I put down a deposit to hold until I can get out and look at it. My only concern is that he bought it from a seller up in Kentucky so it's an out of state transfer of title, because he never titled it in his name. He says he towed it home, rode it once & his back hurt so bad he determined that he really cant ride any more. So ... it raises a red flag but I do think he's legit so I plan to move forward with it assuming everything checks out.

Red flags are red flags for a reason. Be cautious, be diligent, be patient. Wait for the deal that feels right.
Good advice thanks! So I talked to him again & he agreed to get it titled in his name so I'd be buying from the owner with a clear title in my home state. I am gonna pay a small additional fee but it's worth it to me for the peace of mind. I've also settled with insurance who gave me a fair price & buy back on my bike so alls well .... except me :)) And again thanks for all the encouragement!

20200426_171046.jpg

Thanks all for the support. I'm getting better every day. Especially since I've finalized buying back my totaled bike (on right) and purchasing a much lower mileage replacement (on left). So I'm not recovered enough to start wrenching (though I did move my long haul seat to the new one) but on the bright side ... they're here now so I have something pretty to look at and dream about. 20200426_171046.jpg :))

The pending sale on the 2014 is me . I put down a deposit to hold until I can get out and look at it. My only concern is that he bought it from a seller up in Kentucky so it's an out of state transfer of title, because he never titled it in his name. He says he towed it home, rode it once & his back hurt so bad he determined that he really cant ride any more. So ... it raises a red flag but I do think he's legit so I plan to move forward with it assuming everything checks out.

Here in Texas you would need a bonded title. The did not transfer title is a big red flag. He might be a flipper posing as a private seller to avoid dealer fees and liability. Go look at it and make a title search. Go to the DMV and inquire or just type in the VIN# on any search engine. They will tell you.

I really appreciate your posting those ads. I got in touch with one, made an offer & sent a deposit! Many Thanks! If ur ever in Nashville I wanna buy u a case of beer! If bars are closed we can drink at my house :))
Posting more ads for you now, did I mention I love beer and oh I’m in Nashville :p

Back