Sorry to hear about your accident and resulting ailments. Hope you get better quickly and be sure to breath deeply. Those broken ribs can discourage deep breathing, but that can onset pneumonia because the lower lobes aren't getting opened up.

I had a similar accident two years ago where I took a corner and suddenly found myself on the ground after an unexpected take slapper. It was a cold day, but no debris on the road or moisture. For me the closest we could think of is cold tires where they weren't fully warmed up so when I rolled on the throttle I just broke loose and lost control. Silly mistake because they preach cold tires at the racing school, but still happens to the best of us.

Hope you are able to find your next enjoyable ride. Looks like those couple options @Boog sent might be promising. Though that 2014 in TN seems to already have a sale pending.

Sounds suspiciously like perhaps Metzler tires???

Thank you brother. I will be visiting my uncle in Columbia sometime later in the year. I will come give you a big bear hug! Oh wait, maybe not with the ribs like they are... I'll just drink your beer and admire your bike.
It's a deal bro! Just let me know what kind of beer u drink. Look forward to it!

Lol, I think it's more like, 154 lb ft of torque at the rear wheel, combined with a devil on my shoulder whispering bad ideas in my ear. :evil:
Don't you hate when you take off on your bike, and realize there's a devil on your shoulder, so you look towards the other shoulder and the angel is drinking a beer and getting a tattoo.

I have been riding since the early 70's accident free. Until a couple weeks ago. I still dont know exactly what happened but best guess, I was changing lanes left & hitting the throttle a bit. My wife said she checked the next day & there was road debris i.e. sand & dirt. I think the rear tire spun & it put me down on my left side. I woke up in an ambulance not remembering even my own name. I regained my memory mostly by the time we reached the hospital. Injuries were 7 broken ribs, 2 with 2 breaks. Broken shoulder blade & 2 breaks in my collarbone. Also a bleeding kidney. 2 days later the kidney recovered on it's own. Breaks don't need any surgeries. I was released & have been home recovering for 12 days. I'm still working things out with my insurance but it's looking like they're gonna total it & give me a salvage price to buy my bike back which I want for parts & such. I will recover fully with a little time & various pain meds o_O. I'm currently looking at a replacement bike in the Charlotte N.C. area. I cant look myself and am wondering if anyone knows a rocket captain in the area who might be willing to give it a look for me? Thanks! "I'll be Back!" :)
Glad you survived okay!

Back