BlackSails

Where'd all the tread go?
Ride
2014 R3T
I have been riding since the early 70's accident free. Until a couple weeks ago. I still dont know exactly what happened but best guess, I was changing lanes left & hitting the throttle a bit. My wife said she checked the next day & there was road debris i.e. sand & dirt. I think the rear tire spun & it put me down on my left side. I woke up in an ambulance not remembering even my own name. I regained my memory mostly by the time we reached the hospital. Injuries were 7 broken ribs, 2 with 2 breaks. Broken shoulder blade & 2 breaks in my collarbone. Also a bleeding kidney. 2 days later the kidney recovered on it's own. Breaks don't need any surgeries. I was released & have been home recovering for 12 days. I'm still working things out with my insurance but it's looking like they're gonna total it & give me a salvage price to buy my bike back which I want for parts & such. I will recover fully with a little time & various pain meds o_O. I'm currently looking at a replacement bike in the Charlotte N.C. area. I cant look myself and am wondering if anyone knows a rocket captain in the area who might be willing to give it a look for me? Thanks! "I'll be Back!" :)

Dear brother, I am overjoyed to hear you are able to tell the tale! We will find you another bike I am sure. Same year or just an R3T?

I was just in Columbia this weekend visiting my Uncle.

Are you recovering in Charlotte? I ask since you are so much closer to Nashville.

Sorry to hear... heal well... and good to know you're looking for your next ride :thumbsup:
-MIG

Back