Top Speed of Stock Rocket.

Fully dressed (bags, para-sail windshield, lowers) mine go between 135 and 140 mph. Surprisingly it's no faster with shield off :confused:. That's with speedo corrected 7% and a 240 R/55 rear tire. That should be a close estimate. Need to verify with my Garmin sometime. Are GPS's pretty accurate for speed measuring ?

mine does 136 by gps, plenty fast for me, stock except fot the TORS:)

I'm thinking that's a pretty good real world number. That's three of them now I've heard of that seem to fall in that speed range. I think some of the higher numbers may be the result of the known optimistic speedometer. 135 + 7% = 144.45

We had a guy ride about a thousand kms to join us for a run, he never went over 100 all the way. Was astonished when he joined in and found himself doing- er - about 102 to keep up.

We explained that the 100 sign is only a limit for cars. For bikes, it's a challenge.

We also had to explain to him about the little black motorcycle overtaking lane between the two unbroken white lines in the middle of the road....

And where the sign says "Motorcycle Danger area" it means to speed up and minimise the time spent in the danger area.

Some people.................

We explained that the 100 sign is only a limit for cars. For bikes, it's a challenge.

I once tried claiming I thought that 110km/h was the suggested MINIMUM speed limit - the officer said "yeah....nar"

I believe you Bruce :rolleyes:,were you going through the 70 Km/h roadwork zone at Rochedale?

Na mate roadworks are one place were I do take it easy that is if it's a work day and there are workers on sight especially in my truck. I don't want to be responsible for killing some bloke while he's just trying to make a dollar.

Back