Top Speed of Stock Rocket.

TheMadScientist

Supercharged
I sure this question has been asked before. What is the top speed of a stock Rocket 3? This is with the top speed restriction turned way up. On TuneEcu the max top speed is 299 kph.

Second question what are the recommend tires for this max speed.

Remember when calculating top speed to figure in testicular size.
179 in fourth gear 207 in fifth TRath is right and mine have not swelled up that much yet. I use tune boy and a 9k rev limit.

At 7000 rpms theoretical speed not with standing wind pressure is 186mph in fifth gear.
Be carfull things can go bad fast if the death wobble starts. I recommend a steering damper if your going to mess around up there.

I sure this question has been asked before. What is the top speed of a stock Rocket 3? This is with the top speed restriction turned way up. On TuneEcu the max top speed is 299 kph.

Second question what are the recommend tires for this max speed.
Friggin Good ones:eek:

179 in fourth gear 207 in fifth TRath is right and mine have not swelled up that much yet. I use tune boy and a 9k rev limit.

At 7000 rpms theoretical speed not with standing wind pressure is 186mph in fifth gear.
Be carfull things can go bad fast if the death wobble starts. I recommend a steering damper if your going to mess around up there.

The Mad one be talking clicks and you, Warpo, likely mph. correctamundo?
i doubt a stocker will do 299 kph (185.38 mph). Do I be a wrongo drongo here?
:confused::D

The Mad one be talking clicks and you, Warpo, likely mph. correctamundo?
i doubt a stocker will do 299 kph (185.38 mph). Do I be a wrongo drongo here?
:confused::D
With wind resistance I would guess not but it could be close. At least if it was tuned to 165 hp with a propper pipe and nonrestrictive intake. When I do testing I make sure it is a good day without much wind and must admit I work slowly up to it. haven't hit the rev limiter in 4th yet but havebeen slowly aproaching it. the real problem is finding roads that could possibly be safe enough for view and no traffic. forntunatley in Illinois there are a lot of flat straight roads you just have to find the ones with pristent pavement. I only push the limits when the fields are empty so you have a wide field of view. even the smallest critter crossing the road can be deadly. When the corn is tall Warp stays under 160 mph. best time is in the fall when ther fields have been stripped and the air is cool after all Superchargers love cooler air as you can stuff more in the cylinder. Depending on how many more surgeries I need will decide whether I get to run at the Ohio mile this year. Of course finances have changed do to sequestering and my job has now been slated tobe abolished. this might put a damper on my original plans for this year. If my pass port does not get help up I do plan on going to Maggie Valley this year RAAVIII via Canada. Triple Trouble aka ToRocket aka Paul has a great route planned for use and I have never been to Canada before. One might say I will be taking the long way to Maggie Valley. It will be on Gracie though or at least that is the plan. It could change as I am working on another Rocket with a little more pep but since Gracie is set up for long haul with hard bags it will most likely be her.

On the tire issue well the only way to get a 16 inch rim with a ZR rated tire (W) rated for speeds in excess of 186 is to drop to a 200 mm. Unless you get a 18 inch rear like I have. you can get 17 inch front in ZR rated tires. Vrated will hold a little more then 150 but it is a risk heat could make the tread peel off. so one must be carfull.

Back