Tire change gone bad

Glad you are OK and things are working out for you.:D

First advise I give to anyone coming here asking about getting a Rocket is ABS. I feel it gives me much more confidence on a bike of this size.:ninja:

I have had to order a couple things that came from Triumph UK. OMG both times took me 6 weeks to get them. I order stuff from TTP and have it in about a week.:cautious:

Guess that leads to my other bit of advise. Everyone should own more that one bike.:thumbsup:

I have great luck with Hermy's Triumph, I put this on them though, so they are responsible for the part.

Glad you are OK and things are working out for you.:D

First advise I give to anyone coming here asking about getting a Rocket is ABS. I feel it gives me much more confidence on a bike of this size.:ninja:

I have had to order a couple things that came from Triumph UK. OMG both times took me 6 weeks to get them. I order stuff from TTP and have it in about a week.:cautious:

Guess that leads to my other bit of advise. Everyone should own more that one bike.:thumbsup:
I have a 1999 Kawasaki Zrx 1100, but it's waiting on parts

Something else is wrong if your bike is all over the lane when you grab the binders. Neither my 07 Classic nor my current 09 R3T has ABS and they both stop straight and true.

Something else is wrong if your bike is all over the lane when you grab the binders. Neither my 07 Classic nor my current 09 R3T has ABS and they both stop straight and true.

Mike,
With ABS not functioning, I have found this heavy beast easily breaks the rear tire loose on even moderate braking.
His rear tire likely locked up, reducing its friction well below that of the front tire that is braking.
This causes it to attempt to catch up with the front and depending on the road surface, the rear will swing counterclockwise or clockwise around the front. It can be controlled by an experienced rider . . . until the front begins to lock up.
ABS allows your motor to be so much better controlled.

The rear wheel is very easy to lock up on the rocket, one trick is to place your foot over the pedal and when you brake--(remember F-A-R-T )the weight of you going forward is enough pressure on the rear pedal.

Front-And-Rear-Together

The rear wheel is very easy to lock up on the rocket, one trick is to place your foot over the pedal and when you brake--(remember F-A-R-T )the weight of you going forward is enough pressure on the rear pedal.

Front-And-Rear-Together

If I lock up my brakes I'll do alot more than fart

I knew that the abs was bad before the tire swing. I think it's reasonable that they keep it. I'll take half of the blame for dumping it, abs would have saved my crash bars, they got scuffed a little.
next time take it to 2guyes garage(Adam &Kyle)in chandler?mesa? will not give bike back till they KNOW its right and you are satisfied

Back