Tire change gone bad

crashpete

Supercharged
Ride
2012 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster
I had my tire replaced last week at GoAZ in Peoria, AZ. When I get on the bike to leave I noticed that the abs light is on, no big deal and it's late so I go home. This was Thursday of last week. Saturday I head into work no problems, then on the way home there is a traffic stoppage so I mash the rear and the front brakes. The rear end swings to my left I let off it corrects and I mash the rear again, it swings out more this time I let off and probably five to ten feet from the rear of the car in front of me I dump it over. No big deal I push the bike to the shoulder and I wait a bit and it fires right up and I head home. Today I took it into the dealer (abs ring was bent on the tire install, something I find out myself thanks to this forum) they look at it and give me a BMW loaner bike, part is only available in England and it will take a week to get. Now they want to give me my bike back and take back the loaner while I wait, does that sound reasonable? I'm a little iffy.

This is what they gave me.

Attachments

• 20190102_111220.jpg
    20190102_111220.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 2
They should in good faith leave the loaner with you until yours is fixed, the first time your back end swung round was clue #1 that your ABS was not activating now #2 was on you:D glad you were not hurt and the lesson to learn from this is check all work before leaving the premises and stop mashing on the brakes:D

I knew that the abs was bad before the tire swing. I think it's reasonable that they keep it. I'll take half of the blame for dumping it, abs would have saved my crash bars, they got scuffed a little.

They should in good faith leave the loaner with you until yours is fixed, the first time your back end swung round was clue #1 that your ABS was not activating now #2 was on you:D glad you were not hurt and the lesson to learn from this is check all work before leaving the premises and stop mashing on the brakes:D
I'm glad that I didn't hurt anyone, I can get another r3r, you'd be amazed at what you do at speed to avoid hitting someone! The engine was in third gear and it died as soon as I dumped it.

Back