britman

Nitrous
Ride
2005 Rocket 3/2014 Moto Guzzi Touring
It is hard to believe my "Old Fat Bottom Girl" will be coming up on 15 years old before long. Not to get sentimental but I must confess, it is still the best **** motorcycle I have ever owned. Like a number of folks on this site, I am getting a little long in the tooth and really enjoying my new found full retirement. But as we all know life likes to come along and deposit a little fecal matter in the pudding, in my case three neck vertebrae that are virtually bone on bone with the worst one of the "Ritis" brothers, Arthur, thrown in for good measure. I ride often, but the distances are just shorter. Today was the perfect example, I rode down to a local beach on the Potomac River (about 80 miles round trip) just to see if hurricane Doren was having any effect on the wave action and you could tell something is on its way.

On the way down and back I had time to reflect on the R3. With 40k on the clock, it still runs **** good and when the time came to pass a car or big rig or two, it never disappoints. The response to a cracked throttle on these bikes never gets old. Having owned the bike since new there is a ton of paperwork in my file, recalls, years of documented maintenance, upgrades and modifications with most gleamed and stolen from members of this site. I have thought about selling it a time or two, even listed it once, but just couldn't do the deed. No matter where I ride you always get a thumbs up or two or have to spend a few minutes explaining to someone what the hell the bike is, and no it is not a "Boss Hog". I really believe I will be fastening antique tags to bike one day and by then a long trip will be around the block and hopefully I will remember how to get back home.

DSC03950.JPG
DSC03951.JPG
DSC03954.JPG

Been quite a few years since our bikes rode side by side George:D I still have my 2005 same colour but i have been neglecting it the past few years as I also have two other Rockets that wanted the feeling of my arse on them, in fact I am probably selling(more like giving) it to Steel this Oct.

Back