Throttle Chopping

Devildawg

.020 Over
Ride
2020 Rocket 3 GT, formerly2017 Rocket III Roadster
Hello All! I have looked back through past threads and I was not really seeing anything regarding this topic. Does anyone have any ideas on how to reduce throttle chopping. I have to feather the sh!! out of my throttle for it to not kick the bike back (like downshifting at slow speeds and then accelerating). The power commander advertises that it reduces throttle chopping. I am open to the vast knowledge that comes out of the awesome members of the forum. Thanks in advance!!!

I am not sure I am understanding throttle chopping. However, I recently discovered why my bike was bucking us at a steady low throttle setting. @warp9.9 was working on my issue at RAA last month and discovered my stepper motor was not working correctly. Diving deeper, he discovered that my throttle cables were way too tight. The stepper would attempt to adjust the throttle but could not so it tried harder until it overcame the resistance. This caused a significant bucking as if I was jerking the bike on purpose.
He loosened the cable tension and lubed everything up. We disconnected the stepper temporarily and the problem went away. Once the new stepper was on, no more issue.

I am not sure I am understanding throttle chopping. However, I recently discovered why my bike was bucking us at a steady low throttle setting. @warp9.9 was working on my issue at RAA last month and discovered my stepper motor was not working correctly. Diving deeper, he discovered that my throttle cables were way too tight. The stepper would attempt to adjust the throttle but could not so it tried harder until it overcame the resistance. This caused a significant bucking as if I was jerking the bike on purpose.
He loosened the cable tension and lubed everything up. We disconnected the stepper temporarily and the problem went away. Once the new stepper was on, no more issue.

I apologize for the late reply. Now that you mention it, I had to get some work done on my throttle cables when I put my Rivco Risers on. They do feel like they bind a little now. That may very be it. I will have to have someone looks at the system and see if it is the correct tension, etc. Thanks man!

I apologize for the late reply. Now that you mention it, I had to get some work done on my throttle cables when I put my Rivco Risers on. They do feel like they bind a little now. That may very be it. I will have to have someone looks at the system and see if it is the correct tension, etc. Thanks man!
It’s really easy to adjust! Give it a try, you just need a little slack on the cable, no tension.

2 to 3 mm freeplay pull cable is checked up on the hand grip. Return cable freeplay is checked down on the throttle wheel. Up by the grip each cable has a fine adjustment fitting any more then that needs to be adjusted on the throttle body mount.

Back