if a vehicle has a computer it most likely has a tps
started to see them around 1980

ok curiosity killing me why do u want to know:confused:
Sorry about the curiosity factor.
Out rocket is being a bit lumpy throttle wise.
Someone said it could be the primary or secondary TPS.
Considering the price of these things I was just wondering if there's a budget savvy alternative.
It's not because I'm tight with money, it's because I always like to find an alternative to the expensive things if and where possible.

Hey Mark did you get TuneECU going yet?

Assume you did, and after checking TPS and ISCV voltages, throttle balance it's still lumpy

i would leave the secondary tps alone.
some has changed the primary and fixed problems. primary being the one in the back
i would spray the return linkages and work the throttle letting it fly closed may fix probs.
if i still have a problem after i would do like R_III_R says.

Hey Mark did you get TuneECU going yet?

Assume you did, and after checking TPS and ISCV voltages, throttle balance it's still lumpy
Hi art.
Yep I got the tuneecu.
After much trying and head scratching I finally managed to load the diagnostics with the triumph dash/screen.
I'm going to give it a go tomorrow and I'll keep you posted.
Just thought I'd try to find out about any alternative TPS before I buy triumph ones, ( if it's that).

Hi art.
Yep I got the tuneecu.
After much trying and head scratching I finally managed to load the diagnostics with the triumph dash/screen.
I'm going to give it a go tomorrow and I'll keep you posted.
Just thought I'd try to find out about any alternative TPS before I buy triumph ones, ( if it's that).

to answer your question
i do not know of any other tps that would work.

Back