This should be simple, headlights don't work

Here's the bulb that I figured blew (and was the only problem I had), and I opted to just replace both of them with sylvania's.
halogenh4.jpeg

. The current is going through the ignition switch and through the headlight dimmer switch to the headlight connectors at this time you may need a professional if you want to continue you can check voltage and find the high beams and low beams there's one remaining is the ground circuit you can take a wire put a fuse in it 20 amp and ground the ground on the connector to the battery lights should work if you have a ground problem if lights work then you need to clean grounds maybe try to clean and tightened grounds at the battery and clean positive at the battery make sure cables are snug
you're so right, I do. unfortunate for me I'm in a new area where there are no mc shops, and my registration is about to run out, and i'm in a new state, and the DMV u can't even get them on the phone to get an appointment...have no idea what passes for a mc inspection in nc nor where to get one! i would like to hurl some expletives. i'll call my old mechanic tomorrow if they are reopened and see what he can tell me, since he worked on these systems last year.

As others have said, next is less easy, and you may need to take the bike to someone who knows their way around electrical systems (NOT always the dealer), and help them help you by having the wiring diagram handy (available online in the signature of any post by @idk ). Will likely need to raise the tank so as to be able follow wires, and check connectors.

As others have said, next is less easy, and you may need to take the bike to someone who knows their way around electrical systems (NOT always the dealer), and help them help you by having the wiring diagram handy (available online in the signature of any post by @idk ). Will likely need to raise the tank so as to be able follow wires, and check connectors.
I've got the Service Manual... I don't want to attempt wire tracing on this bike, though. Finding someone, that's the trick. I'll update when this is fixed! Thanks, all...

In arizona when an out of state vehicle comes in they do a complete inspection and everything has to work even the horn.
Hopefully u can find a good electric guy (does not have to be a triumph guy) and can get it fixed.
If all that fails try to get a test light and we will try to help u.

In arizona when an out of state vehicle comes in they do a complete inspection and everything has to work even the horn.
Hopefully u can find a good electric guy (does not have to be a triumph guy) and can get it fixed.
If all that fails try to get a test light and we will try to help u.
Thank-you! It may come to that! I used to have some skills, I've been retired for awhile and so I'm much less confident in getting in over my head on this. Like the thread said, dammit, this should be simple! haha

BTW, I also checked voltage across batt terminals, 12.4V off, 14.4V at idle. And, took the high/low beam switch apart. Contacts slightly dark, not bad at all, but I cleaned with eraser and put it all back together. Even tried two more new bulbs. No joy...

Back