They salted the roads today

When I drive on salted roads with a motorcycle I first spray the whole bike (exept the rotors...) with WD40. Rinse it clean with cold water after driving. Then spray it again.

27 here in central illinois this morning. Little early to be this cold. Tried to start the rocket this morning, rolled over a few times but no fire, in spite of being plugged in to a tender. Apparently she needs a block heater like the rest of my tractors.
I had the same issue with my thunderbird... after i had the valves adjusted she would start at any temp. Including -20 below zero..... that was when i noticed the coolent starting to freeze up. Good thing i traded it for the rocket this past winter because she was leaking coolent after that.

E5B9D797-9051-4609-9507-A94CBEEA7ECA.jpeg
well the season is going to end soon.... ill get a few more days in but salt is a killer and i try to avoid it.

Living here in Southern California never have any problems with the stuff, actually in a couple of months it will be cool enough for me "80-95" to head out cruisin the Desert...

Living here in Southern California never have any problems with the stuff, actually in a couple of months it will be cool enough for me "80-95" to head out cruisin the Desert...
No Thank you. I'll stick with the back roads of Oklahoma. Weather may not be that warm but the roads are open and free. Unlike the big city of San Diego. I like my freedom of the open road. You make it sound all nice and neat. Being a native California i know better. Would rather face a deer in rut than your traffic. Better odds:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

No Thank you. I'll stick with the back roads of Oklahoma. Weather may not be that warm but the roads are open and free. Unlike the big city of San Diego. I like my freedom of the open road. You make it sound all nice and neat. Being a native California i know better. Would rather face a deer in rut than your traffic. Better odds:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:[/QUOT
No Thank you. I'll stick with the back roads of Oklahoma. Weather may not be that warm but the roads are open and free. Unlike the big city of San Diego. I like my freedom of the open road. You make it sound all nice and neat. Being a native California i know better. Would rather face a deer in rut than your traffic. Better odds:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

To each his own Bud, get back to me in Jan/Feb when you're under 4 feet of snow and I'm cruising the desert in shorts and T-Shirt...

To each his own Bud, get back to me in Jan/Feb when you're under 4 feet of snow and I'm cruising the desert in shorts and T-Shirt...
San diego is pretty nice though.... drive one hour east and there is no traffic and the mountian roads are epic.

Back