They salted the roads today

JeRome

Combat Veteran
Ride
2017 Rocket 3
E5B9D797-9051-4609-9507-A94CBEEA7ECA.jpeg
well the season is going to end soon.... ill get a few more days in but salt is a killer and i try to avoid it.

It's bad stuff for our bikes and of course cages but it really helps. A few years ago Seattle decided that salt was bad juju for the environment since it drains into salt water Puget Sound. :thumbsdown: It made driving in town very dangerous in snowy or icy weather. For those who have not visited our area, Seattle, like south Kitsap county where I live on the west side of PS, is very hilly. Fortunately, our side of the pond still salts but does so smartly and sparingly.

Vermont is such a beautiful state and it looks like your trees have already lost most of their leaves. Our daughter sent us a pic from her Colorado Springs home last week and their first snow.

It's bad stuff for our bikes and of course cages but it really helps. A few years ago Seattle decided that salt was bad juju for the environment since it drains into salt water Puget Sound. :thumbsdown: It made driving in town very dangerous in snowy or icy weather. For those who have not visited our area, Seattle, like south Kitsap county where I live on the west side of PS, is very hilly. Fortunately, our side of the pond still salts but does so smartly and sparingly.

Vermont is such a beautiful state and it looks like your trees have already lost most of their leaves. Our daughter sent us a pic from her Colorado Springs home last week and their first snow.
Yea i heard about the seattle sand thing. Turns out sand is worse because it clogs the rivers it takes thousands of years to flush the rivers of sand but salt will just dilute and end up in the ocean. On top of all that 1 truck load of salt does the same amount of work as 27 truck loads of sand.... crazy

27 here in central illinois this morning. Little early to be this cold. Tried to start the rocket this morning, rolled over a few times but no fire, in spite of being plugged in to a tender. Apparently she needs a block heater like the rest of my tractors.

Back