The Rocket and the Busa

cardinal93

Top Fuel
Ride
07 Rocket III Classic, 11 Street Triple R
I've read a few threads on here regarding the Rocket, the Ego, the Mancard, the Busa, etc...
Had the chance to ride today with my Deutsch landlords motorcycle club. It was German Father's Day and that's how we spent it :D
A few things worth mentioning:
1) My wife was invited too and turned out to be the only female driver, not sure they made an exception for us or not?
2) When the Deutsch ride, they do it right!! We rode for hours, not a single bar! Just riding and very pleasant riding at that through the winding forests of the Rheinland Pfalz! Of course, once we got back the barbecue and beer began. But in my opinion, they did it right. We rode! We rode long and hard! And then we drank! Probst to my Deutsch friends for understanding how to put the two in their rightful separate places!!:cool:
3) It just so happened they paired me with their Busa driver for the entire ride (stacked). Not once did either bike's fangs come out :eek: We enjoyed the ride, didn't have to fight over who had the baddest bike. In fact we both overtly showed each other mutual respect for two very special rides. Not a single over-rev, not a bit of ego; just great riding side by side, turn for turn, and straightaway for straightaway! Yes, my friends, it was a good day:D
I want to joke maybe I lost my man-card for not puffing my chest and at least giving it a go. However, after reading that thread, I think it's a badly taken subject. I think 2013 took it a little too harsh for some of the things said, and to some extent I agree, there's a little to be said for feeling your way into the group. But coming from an ego driven pilot world I do know his intention was nothing more than fun, and I think some feelings were carried over from other threads. I also know that NONE of us who handle the beast we call the ROCKET lack for an ego of at least some sort.
Maybe today re-affirmed in me that we all have a very deep commonality. The love to ride and the love to do it on the BEAST! As for whether or not we have to puff our chests, I'll leave that to others...because I thoroughly enjoyed riding those curves and hills, side-by-side, and back and forth, with my new friend...the Busa driver!! :D

Germany

Ah come on. Ya didn't take the Busa on at least once? I could not stand the chance to do so. Of course I know the Busa would have had my R3T for lunch, but hell, give it a go!;)

Oh and for you German folks, I recently found my birth mother and discovered I am 3rd generation German. My family, Holthaus, still owns the original family farm from the 1700's. Way cool. I will now have to come over for a beer!

I have a picture album of the still working farm and a genealogy book. It says on the front, "Stammhaus der Familie GroBe Holthaus." What ever that means?:confused:

Great story, I'm heading to Germany on the 1st of sept for a holiday on my rocket. My mate (thunderbird storm) and I are hoping to go to Colditz castle then on to Berlin. A heads up on any bike club links or even good bands on/rallies around that time would be appreciated.

Sounds like an awesome day Cardinal. Glad ya had fun and kept the ego in check with your Germanic brethren.

BTW...you said you're a pilot. What do you fly?

Nicely done sir, and well said.

Thanks Tex! There's truly something good about just "loving to ride!!"

Great story, I'm heading to Germany on the 1st of sept for a holiday on my rocket. My mate (thunderbird storm) and I are hoping to go to Colditz castle then on to Berlin. A heads up on any bike club links or even good bands on/rallies around that time would be appreciated.
Doug, don't know of any off top o my head, but when I get back from vacation, ill see what I can find.

Back