The last sportster....

ive got a 1200r sportster, 2005 model with only 3400 miles from new.

nice bike but no match for the triumph

Never had a Sportster - but did have a Sportster Engined 1997 Buell.
Different cams and heads but basically a Sporty lump. Had a really useful torque curve.
And tbh in the alpine curves from home to work - It'd leave an R3.

Owned a 1200 sportster xl pictured in my avatar(third on the right and yes GOC it was blue but a cool blue) son rode it when ever we went away together.Great little bike but loud with it's v&h exhaust system annoying on along ride but he loved it.Sad to see anyone losing there job though.25000 jobs affected this week in UK with British steel going bust just seems to be sign of the times :( good luck for the future Carl

Kept the tank of my first bike, a 92 XL 1200. Replaced it with a Valkyrie. If I found a good XL 1200 fuel injected cheap, I would buy it jut to go to the Poop Bar.

IMG_0713.JPG

Owned a 1200 sportster xl pictured in my avatar(third on the right and yes GOC it was blue but a cool blue) son rode it when ever we went away together.Great little bike but loud with it's v&h exhaust system annoying on along ride but he loved it.Sad to see anyone losing there job though.25000 jobs affected this week in UK with British steel going bust just seems to be sign of the times :( good luck for the future Carl
Blue....so nice!

Back