Temperature gauge

Mine shows between 5 and 12 degrees warmer than weather app shows. How about yours?
Mines been roughly the same as the weather app (when moving).

Of you’re sitting at the side of the road on hot tarmac then I’d expect it to be more.

Mine is very slow to react to changing temperatures but overall I'd say it's felt accurate. Anybody know where the sensor is?

The temp gauge on mine is usually 2 to 3 degrees warmer than actual. I was going to mention it at the first service then thought does it really matter, is it that important, why do I need to know what the temperature is when riding? I know if it is getting warmer or colder as I am out in it, why do I need the bike to tell me?

Mine was always about 5'C warmer than actual & that of my friends R3 - bugged the hell out of me.

The ambient temp sensor is a stand alone one (i.e. separate to that used by the engine management) and is located under the front cover with a rubber tube routed down behind the LHS fork. The tube terminates on top of the bottom triple clamp.
My tube was slightly kinked - after freeing it up, it now reads more accurately and is within 0.5'C of my friends.

Re. being slow to respond to temp changes. My guess is that this is due to the tube being quite long and sealed at the sensor end (it just slides over it) so there's very little movement of air through the tube. I intend to cut a small hole in the side of the tube just below where it fits over the sensor; the idea being that this will allow air to flow over the sensor & give more rapid temp updates assuming reading intervals are not too slow due to software settings.

Back