taming the 310 whp Supercharged Rocket 3 R

I understand, for me its just that I believe more people are interested in that off-topic (me included ;)) so it would be interesting in opening a new one
I go to the green hell or the Alps each year so it would be interesting to know what happens in Germany!

Well I went out last Saturday. What a disaster! The track wasn't prep'd at all and the bike (I lowered the rear 4 + inches and replaced the shock with a solid rod, strapped the front and pushed the legs through the yokes 1.1/4 inches) was an animal, the back tyre was hooking up and letting go in quick succession and the front didn't like the expansion joints in the track at all. The vibration was so bad it was throwing me back and forth like a very fast seesaw. The second run with lowered tyre pressure I just span out for about 30 ft before hooking second gear. After that I went home in discust. The track is usually good and grip juice is sprayed often through out the day but it wasn't happening. SO I have decided to concentrate on perfecting the engine management, there is a lot of room for improvement low down. The MAP sensor needs a voltage cap and I have a device coming to sort that. The Lambda sensor is getting to much reversion from the short open exhaust and just gets lost at idle, so needs repositioning or a baffle putting rear of it. These exhaust guys who are coming out with stubby cans don't know what they are getting into with this bike I can tell you.

Last edited:
Well I went out last Saturday. What a disaster! The track wasn't prep'd at all and the bike (I lowered the rear 4 + inches and replaced the shock with a solid rod, strapped the front and pushed the legs through the yokes 1.1/4 inches) was an animal, the back tyre was hooking up and letting go in quick succession and the front didn't like the expansion joints in the track at all. The vibration was so bad it was throwing me back and forth like a very fast seesaw. The second run with lowered tyre pressure I just span out for about 30 ft before hooking second gear. After that I went home in discust. The track is usually good and grip juice is sprayed often through out the day but it wasn't happening. SO I have decided to concentrate on perfecting the engine management, there is a lot of room for improvement low down. The MAP sensor needs a voltage cap and I have a device coming to sort that. The Lambda sensor is getting to much reversion from the short open exhaust and just gets lost at idle, so needs repositioning or a baffle putting rear of it. These exhaust guys who are coming out with stubby cans don't know what they are getting into with this bike I can tell you.
I definitely noticed my bike at idle is hunting around a bit after my exhaust mods!

Sorry for not having anything to report. I have my head down doing customer work. Got to keep the bread and butter going. Will give you updates as soon as I can get back on it.
Baffle before 02 with AF AXID adjustable manipulator

Attachments

• 20200730_150603.jpg
    20200730_150603.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 67
  • 20200730_132229.jpg
    20200730_132229.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 68
  • 20200726_142938.jpg
    20200726_142938.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 67
Back