Tail Light and Numberplate Light

Put a test light over the taillight , getting power so i looked at the globe again this time with glasses on , yep one very fine filament broken. No power to the numberplate light though , didnt get around to chasing along that wire this weekend , im not that fussed by that light being down. Did get all indicators mounted and up and running only thing i dont like is i had to use a nut as a spacer on the fronts until i can get the black steel tube i have for use as a spacer cut down to size. Fitted front brake shoes , wow very worn after 40000klm :)

Yeah, on my wish list for next winter's downtime is a LED tail light. No more burned-out filaments.

Hey Wrecka, just a thought, look up under the rear fender and make sure the tyre hasn't rubbed against the wiring, I know mine and a few others have had that happen.

I had the same thing happen - tire rubbed through black and yellow wire completely. Tried splicing some of the lost wire and still no rear running light or number plate light. Brake and blinkers work fine.

Back