Supercharger Reliability

thank you every one for the info it is helpful , having 3 mufflers as hanso might do, not a bad thought as i do like the stock
look could be worth loosing 5-10 hp to me wonder if they could hook up the staintune mufflers to reband extractors :rolleyes::)

Pete sounds like your kind of stubborn like I was. I had the SC with the TORS and CAT delete for the lonngest time. Three cans are worthless except for looks and I figure Triumph new this when they put them on the beast. I also figure it had something to do with the triple theme. You know in line Triple, Triple Throttle bodies, who would not finish it off with triple pipes. And after a couple 3 or 4 years I still miss them. But I have to be honest with you and tell you the power increase is worth getting rid of them . not to mention the ability to tune the engine better. Hell even if you had the predator (which in my opinion was not bad with the SC alone) you could reach up each header pipe and tune eache cylinder. If you not going to do anymore then the SC you might want to get as much out of it as you can because if you run into Ruzzel and the beast Nev did for him you wll think you dropped your SC belt :D No first I want to apologize for two things which might upset a few fellers. But hey I figure you would alll rather me be honest then sugar coat ****ski just so it goes down better. If you were to ask Ruzzz and or Nev they woukd pribablly tekk you messing aroubd with firced air is a real oain in the arse if your looking to be around 240 hp when compared to NA. IN fact I would wager a 240 NA motor will beat a 240 FA motor in a drag race for a couple reasons. one being you do not have to wait for the blower or turbo to spool up and create the extra snoot that is already there with high compression pistons. Second is the initial drag por roobbong of power a SC puts on the engine that most compressors do even the darn air conditioninh compressor in your car robs about 13 hp until its up and spinning good. so when the light hits the NA has 240 hp off the line and the SC looses about 13 hp whilst building boost and then its on.. This is just a comparison of two kits. thing are different when you have a set up like Ruzz and I have su=ince we did a few thing inside the motor as well we still might loose a little off the line or Ruzz might because his pulley is of different diameter then mine but still in therory we do its just once we bring the rest of our puppies to bear we have a big set of nuts to scratch :D No brag just Fact

To give you the idea we shall speak of mine more then Ruzz'z do to the fact that even though I might have the proper csecurity clearnce to know more about what Nev and him did to his beast I have not been given a waiver to publisize it :D

SO with mine you have your basic stage 2 carpenter goodies plus a hair dryer on the front (as Ruzz would say). I imagine our Lob seperation angles are slightly different because of the amount of boost we each decided to let out the exhaust instead of using it. Mine for insatnce does not waste much boost out the exhaust but then might not build as much boost as Ruzz'z does. but then I believe I made the difference up in the piston compression where Ruzz'z is a little lower then mine. so whos to say which is better in fact neither det up is better then the other just better siuted for the application it is being used for. Like I love 9000 rpms where I believe Ruzzz might have set a little lower goal on his so he would not rip the pavement out from underneith him when he twist that joy stick.

SO Ruzz my first appology is to you and Nev incase I said things in the last ramblings that I should have kept secret. ( although I tried to present it so they would understand not exactly know what has been done)

Now lets talk about exhaust and some of the same facts apply to intake. Every bend in a pipe slow the flow of gases or air on the intake side. The more bends the slower the gas so you have to ask do I want to clog up the exit end of a motor or do I want it to freely flow out the end. Theres the secrat in intake and exhaust. There are people out there that think one pipe is better then the other when in fact we are back to one just might be better suited for a particular aplication then the other. Reband verses Carpenter. We all know what I have and what I prefer and unless someone wants to sent me a reband pipe to test I will stick with the shorter less bends in a pipe to allow exhaust to escape. Same with the front the more bend in a intake tract the slower the A/F mixture enters the engine. Restriction sucks period no matter what end it is in. You guys are starting to notice this with just the differences in filters being experimented with. 4040's with built in velocity stacks and 2780's with stright entrances. OEM velocity staks with no restrictive filters verse soon to be OEM with ITG filters. (no results yet but I am a little slow now days) Its the little things that add up like the OEM IAT sensor reading 17 degrees F higher the the actual temperature. ( makes the ecu calculate things different which might lean a few things out so we lie to the ecu and tell it there is more air in the TP%.rpm area just to get it to add more fuel.

Tuners can have a amazing affect on how a exhaust performs. why I bet Nev gets the best number out of the reband then any other tuner down under. I also know a Carpenter kit was done down there with the reband pipe and showed 20 hp less. Yet when the Carpenter pipe arrived and the bike was retuned 20 hp amazingly re-apeared.

Moral of the story IMO is if your going to spend big money on a motor you had better let Neve tune it no matter what **** you put in it. I have afeeling Wayne Mcdonald might be prety darn good also. but I Know for a fact Nev has been at the Rocket longer then anyone down there so I suspect he can just tell the bike what to do and i will listen:D

I would like to add more but I am sure I have already upset someone and well I have to go to church or I will upset she who controls all :D

Do not read to much into this as it was designed to get people to think about things they might not normaly think about.

Yes even the fact that I go to church :D

I'm only going warp 8 no super charger (yet!)do you know what DB THE CARPENTERS EXHAUST ARE i couldn't find e-mail address to ask on there web sight , they seem well priced compared to reband witch they say are under 94 DB ,but carpenters could make more hp:D

I'm only going warp 8 no super charger (yet!)do you know what DB THE CARPENTERS EXHAUST ARE i couldn't find e-mail address to ask on there web sight , they seem well priced compared to reband witch they say are under 94 DB ,but carpenters could make more hp:D

No Pete I do not believe they were ever measured for DB. I can tell you without the baffle I found they are loud as hell. makes Gabrials Trumpet sound like a juice harp. Only to the people behind though. I found them quite nice with my helmet on. But the Fact is I am sure the cops in illinois would be a wee bit negative and at 125.00 a ticket I prefer the baffle. I did have it modified though so it kind of muffles when puttering around. but yet withthe 3 inch hole straight thru when I turn her on I think it bypasses the baffle. I am putting one on Gracie so we shall see if there is any difference between a built bike and basically a stocker with just a air cleaner mod.

I know my last post bosted more about the Carpenter pipe then reband so I will add I have never ran one and surley am no expert. I also know there is a difference when your going NA verses FA . I can see reband dooes have some quality workmanship no doubt so I might have spoke with a little Carpenter predijuce :) But then I am a Carpenter product buying guy. SO I hope no offense was taken when I boasted.

Back