Supercharger Reliability

zenbiker

Zenbiker
Ride
2021 R3 GT
Considering a blower. My question is about the reliability and steetability of these systems. What other mods have to be one such as clutches, trans, etc.

Hi
Just fitted the TTS from England on mine. The kit comes with everything, (excluding Tune Boy) Took the shop 10 hours to fit. General driveability below 2,500 rpm no real difference, just a bit more torque. Overall it increased horsepower from 132 - 220 hp & torque from 137 - 190 fts lbs.
Anything over 4,000 rpm and the thing turns into a bit of a monster. So far love it to death!! No bad side effects.

I mildly tuned mine a few years ago (pistons,cams,valves etc)
result was 220hp & 196ftlb, nice power delivery too :)
Pretty similar figures to the supercharger

.................was that similar to a carpenter package? and did you get better acceleration in lower RPM like from 2500

Considering a blower. My question is about the reliability and steetability of these systems. What other mods have to be one such as clutches, trans, etc.

The Blower is nice Zen but the service is across the pond. Dollar for Dollar since you live in Jersey you should be thinking the stage 1 kit from Carpenter Racing. Here is a good reason as to why. I have both and so much power I blew up the internal clutch hub. Not so bad as I have extra parts from another motor. But the blower cover got wasted bad from the grenade affect. I am ready to stuff the engine back in the frame but am still waiting on the new blower cover from the UK. Not sure when it will be here yet. I am just in holding pattern. I am also sure Richard is working on it but no matter what I will still be at the mercy of the shipping company and customs when it hits.
They are both nice but availability of parts if needed is better if the stuff is on your side of the world.

.................was that similar to a carpenter package? and did you get better acceleration in lower RPM like from 2500

Yes similar to Carpenter, but valves & milder cams from Neville Lush
Stronger up to 5000rpm but after that losing out to the Carpenter package on power & falling well short of their giddy rpm limit.

took the bike into Wayne at tune boy in NSW Australia, he also dyno's them, he got the power to 265 hp & 225 torque. Also installed an iphone program so you can manage the bike from iphone. (start it and load different tune programs while its running)
Much nicer to ride.

took the bike into Wayne at tune boy in NSW Australia, he also dyno's them, he got the power to 265 hp & 225 torque. Also installed an iphone program so you can manage the bike from iphone. (start it and load different tune programs while its running)
Much nicer to ride.

Tell me more, does it work on the android platform? Start the bike from the phone?

Congrats on the mods.

He loaded mine on the i-phone, it starts the bike, shows engine temp, revs and throttle settings. He has 3 programs: everything to the max, medium wit traction control and a wet weather setting with traction control. Usually to change the settings you have to have the ignition on and pull in the clutch 3 times, via the iphone you can do it with the engine running.
His next release will be using the GPS in the phone to let you know when you are approaching fixed speed camera by flashing your engine light.
He is working on heaps more.

Back