suggestions for getting dealer to fix bike ?

mr. senor tom, i do owe you a beer sometime for your help. it's one thing to think something but when someone else confirms it it does the heart good. i know maybe when i've got exaust # 4 done (should dyno at about 150 hp) i think i need to hook you up with a complementary set.
ya funny thing was thurs night after the bike meet and my bike doing the 5k cut out i got home late and decided to swap the plugs with some iridums i had sitting around.. being the if we don't need this bye bye person i am i finished removing the evap canister and vac lines to tb. now more room to do plugs...(thought maybe cracked porcilin etc on stockers maybe causing prob. so to remove v bracket that held map and tb vac lines i removed and capped off the other tb vac inlet tubes so nothing would get inside while i was doing the plugs. (haven't washed bike yet in 6 months that i've owned it.) i forgot about this as i was towing in to dealer. so today i called and he req's i bring vac lines. i tell him i can't till tomorrow. decide to today and as i walk in i hear my bike running. i look over and the tank is up on the wand and he sees me looking and says, ya well they decided to do the fix on the low fuel light that i brought in from t rat .
i asked him what they had found and he said cuz i had capped off map it was causing the prob. my understanding was that the map feeds info for minute adjustments to the ecu for very small throttle openings for a slightly cleaner emissions burn. so long story short i think you're right tom... someone had posted that they had my problem and that the clamps on the lines in the tank were loose dropping fuel pressure. similar to my prob that they fixed with the hose in the tank being to short and pulling off at 150 miles.
easy way to check is when i have bike back i'll cap map and see if it does the no start. personally since they were back in the tank again and now it runs i'm bett'n they screwed up the first time.

... he was using a wooden 1' x 1/2 " stick , sticking it in my tank to do his measurements last time... i believe in large breasts but not coincedense...

Back