Strange issue. Headlight goes out and abs light comes on

Resolved. It was the custom LED brake/tail light I fitted after putting on short rear mudguard. It was feeding back brake light to tail light or something like that. Anyway replaced with a nice incandescent brake/tail light combo and I'm all good now.
Would you mind sharing what rear LED you installed? Was it the fault of the taillight, or was it damaged during installation? I have a custom dynamics LED integrated run/ brake/turn signal that I've yet to install and I'm worried it may be the same one you had trouble with.

It still occuring actually, I thought the issue had gone when replacing the rear light. It happened again the other day, hadn't for a fair while so I thought I had resolved it. The next thing to do is to replace the cables that go from the harness connectors behind the RHS panel back to the brake light and indicators, just incase they are damaged in someway, can't see anything obvious, after that it's going back to keyswitch...

Thank you for that. The tail light kit I plan on installing is different. Hopefully I dont experience these issues. If you're able to isolate the problem with your system, please give an update. I'm curious now what the problem could be.

I've rewired all the back lights and still get the issue. @DEcosse would having two 5w tail light bulbs be what is tripping the keyless ignition unit? Sometimes it trips and takes the headlight and ABS out and other times it trips completely and shuts down the engine and goes back to red alarm light on only, I have to then flip the kill switch off and on and pull clutch to get it to bring ignition back on.

Pics of new loom

Attachments

• IMG_20200325_125104257.jpg
    IMG_20200325_125104257.jpg
    306 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20200325_125546364_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200325_125546364_HDR.jpg
    346.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20200325_125229302.jpg
    IMG_20200325_125229302.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 22
My first thought re the circuit tripping off was that it was another common issue where the headlights have been replaced with LED units, and the park light bulbs are pulled and the sockets actually short out without a bulb in place

You're sure it's definitely not the front park light sockets, Martin? You have LEDs right? Did you remove the park light bulbs and just leave the sockets for those empty? Those would definitely cause a short that would trip it

There would be no issue with the wattage of the rear bulbs

You're sure it's definitely not the front park light sockets, Martin? You have LEDs right? Did you remove the park light bulbs and just leave the sockets for those empty? Those would definitely cause a short that would trip it

There would be no issue with the wattage of the rear bulbs
That’s a great idea! There have been many here who chose to leave the lamp and or holder to have problems later. Always a good idea to terminate unused wiring.

I've not got replacement led headlights. Original OEM headlights and sidelights. I checked them today. The sidelights are on with the headlights normally. The high beams work too. So when the issue occurred today, pressing the brake makes the headlights come on again. I had the bike parked and standing still, so no movement shorting anything. I turn off the kill switch, engine stops. Turn kill switch back and clutch in and bike powers up as per normal with all lights working as they should. No fuses blown.

The part about the brake light re-setting it is what is really bizarre Martin - it definitely suggests some sort of interplay between the two circuits - the Brake (and horn and turns) come off one power switch that is both fed by and output from a completely independent switch from the one with the lighting circuit.

Back