snicrep

Supercharged
Ride
08 r3 touring
anyone think it might be worth tying, to remove the ducting under the seat to eliminat some intake restriction? or has anyone done it? i have a carbed gs 1100 that when i added pipes was told by vance and hines to remove the airbox cover (and re-jet) guess it wouldnt hurt to try.

Presumably you’re talking about your R3T and the plumbing under the tank??
Lots and lots of people have done it. It not only removes the restriction but makes it about 1,000,000 times easier to get at the top of the engine. Lots of previous threads and discussion and how to’s on here and options for replacing it with K&Ns etc.

Presumably you’re talking about your R3T and the plumbing under the tank??
Lots and lots of people have done it. It not only removes the restriction but makes it about 1,000,000 times easier to get at the top of the engine. Lots of previous threads and discussion and how to’s on here and options for replacing it with K&Ns etc.
No. I meant just taking the lid off the box and removing the ducts under the seat. Just as a cheap, intermediate mod. Not as good as pods but better than stock.

No. I meant just taking the lid off the box and removing the ducts under the seat. Just as a cheap, intermediate mod. Not as good as pods but better than stock.
Absolute waste of time. There are even bigger(smaller) bottlenecks elsewhere. Filters on the throttle bodies or just forget it.

I see, you’re talking about the hamster run under the seat. Not just a waste of time, actually counterproductive.
If you say so. But it looks like it would at least be no better. Anyway i do plan to go with ram air. I think having all the air filters hanging out looks like an abomination. I want to keep the bear claw.

Back