A friend in San Diego

Katie and Steve,

Unsure of your travel plans, but know that you have a friend in San Diego if you pass through this way. Anything I have or can do is at your disposal.

Be safe.

Dan

Sorry to hear they are having problems around that ignition switch. That's two lately, on the road, that have had problems.

Hope they get it fixed properly so that they can have a good trip.

Dennis
What kind of ignition problems? Does it have to do with the headlights needing a relay or is it the starter button? Just want to be prepared.

ignition

Steve I had same problem with my ignition I bought one at the auto parts shop for 11 bucks meaning to change it later
it is still on the bike and have done about 15,000miles on it
even put hid headlights in dont need to worry about frying switch
you lose the steering lock but who cares

Steve still is running with the bypass on the ignition switch...they spent the night in Hazard Ky and are on there way to Bristol so Steve can get a hamburger........lol.....they are still going to make the trip to Johnson city Tn the last word we got from them around 2;30 this afternoon......
Thanks to all who helped them get going.....
If anyone is up near the tri states might give them a call if you can help.
If not they got our number and we can make the trip no problem......
Thanks again......

I'm glad they're still okay there is nothing like a good night in Hazard,Ky. they must be going to head up 15 through Whitesburg coal country tour. I used to do that to myself to go to Kingsport,Tn. Just hope they watched their speed through Virginia, Virginia State police are real sensitive about that.

My trip day one

This has been a fun trip so far..... Bike stopped In Manchester ky after several consults from members 2 hours of triage and still no power I was beginning to think my trip was over. then a guy past by with no shirt on and riding a horse through the middle of town (picture coming)

I decided we best get back on the road before dark. I called nmrocket and we determined Kimmie (my r3) needed bypass surgery. Nmrocket assured me I should be able to perform the surgery. so armed with a toggle switch, tape, wire nuts, and wire cutters I begin to cut into the wiring harness and perform the surgery as directed. 30 min later Kimmie was out of surgery an back to her old self. It was starting to Get dark so we hit the road still had severals hours left to our destination .....it was so dark we decided to look for lodging in the thriving metropolis of hazard ky ... (insert joke here) so we pulled into super 8 and got a room for the night...... Stay tuned for the next part of the story just a hint it has a midget wrestler and a 2 pound hamburger and I have pics.....

Been a long day I will post more tomorrow .... Thanks matt, Jesse, Rainman, stb, and nmrocket

Steve that is nothing unusual I used to supply their stage, sound and lighting for Clay County days I did it 4 years in a row try staying there for a week at a time. :D

I think that wireless ignition that Josey Whales has is an excelent idea. For the future. I'm in Dry Ridge if you have any more problems(Ky). 8592421043

Back