Stepper motor removal

just for my own knowledge
i am assuming that when u remove the stepper motor u have to raise the throttle stop if so what kind of turns do u do. example 3/4 turns or 1 1/3ect.

I do not remember how many turns. Do have a smooth running bike that idles great. Issues disappeared when i got rid of the completely useless stepper motor.

just for my own knowledge
i am assuming that when u remove the stepper motor u have to raise the throttle stop if so what kind of turns do u do. example 3/4 turns or 1 1/3ect.

Just turned mine until it idled at 950 rpm in Tune ecu then locked the nut back up, best it’s ran in two years and no scary high rpm’s going into corners unexpectedly.

I was advised also to remove the actuator arm from the stepper motor. That frustrated me having a bike that was not operating as designed.

A fellow captain lent me a known working stepper motor, and the problem went away. I purchase one, returning his, and so is my bike today.

Last edited:
I was advised also to remove the actuator arm from the stepper motor. That frustrated me having a bike that was not operating as designed.

I fellow captain lent me a known working stepper motor, and the problem went away. I purchase one, returning his, and so is my bike today.
Glad to see you got your surging throttle fixed Paul! I remember that when we were talking to Nev. First time I ever talked to him. Reminded me of when we all chatted with Hanso on his USA tour :)

I remember 1K9 had a problem with his idle at Maggie Valley. Someone (???) did a burnout with it and it stopped, after they replaced the TPS

I remember 1K9 had a problem with his idle at Maggie Valley. Someone (???) did a burnout with it and it stopped, after they replaced the TPS
Ya Ricks bike was a pleasure, well it was down right fun riding it. That was my first experience with the 150 rear tire on the front backwords :) as for the tire slippage it must have been some residue on the pavement the dripped from Josie's smoker .

example
on a lot of the newer automatic transmissions there is a epc (electronic pressure control solenoid)
the way it works is the ecu (electronic control module) sends commands to the epc to raise/lower transmission pressure
when they r new/good working order they r smooth in operation (and if u have a scope u can see that).
now if they r sticky then the ecu will send a signal and the epc and it will not move because it is stuck and because the ecu does not see that it has moved it sends another signal and keeps doing that until finally the epc suddenly moves a great amount then u have to much pressure then it starts sending multiple signals to lower and it jumps back.
on a scope the new epc will be nice and smooth while a bad epc will be like a saw blade (jagged.)
just my theory
that is what is happening to the stepper motor and that is why i spray under the rubber to keep it freed up.

Back