Somewhere on here is the definitive no-lights/no-start troubleshooting checklist. As I recall, there is a "master fuse", and if you have power on both sides of that one, you can safely start to look elsewhere. The starter switch itself is sometimes a culprit. A recent thread by @Journeyman28778 , and before that, was an excellent thread "Electrical gremlins Part 4" with a number of useful posts by @DEcosse , @TURBO200R4 et., al.
The information is out there.
Good luck.

I got it. I think the original culprit was a dirty positive lead on the starter motor. Then somehow I had managed to pull apart the little cable that runs parallel to the positive battery lead. I snapped it back together and now the bike starts. Whew. Thanks Joesmoe and everyone else.

Last edited:
OK, I took off the starter, cleaned the terminal and connector on top of it, It was a little rusty, put a little grease on it. Reconnected the battery and now nothing when I turn the key, not even the fuel pump cycle, no lights on the gauges, nothing... tested the relay with the help of my neighbor and its good. One 10A fuse had blown so I replaced it. Battery shows 12.8 volts. Now I dont know what to do. WTF!! **** this is annoying.
Bsttery charged?

Attachments

• 20210521_163415.jpg
    20210521_163415.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 21
  • 20210521_163420.jpg
    20210521_163420.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 21
What happens to the voltage when you hit the start button? What does it fall too? A charged battery can fall flat on its face when asked to bring the noise.

The voltage didnt drop. I got it started. See you at the next meet Kevin.

If the voltage drops below 10 volts that tells us it is the battery
The fact that the voltage did not drop tells us that there is a connection problem.. that is why we allways ask this question.

Re-posting this...

I tightened my battery terminals with a socket wrench instead of a Philips screwdriver.... Much better. You just can't get them torqued right with a screwdriver.

Get a Battery Tracker from Anti Gravity Batteries. Best 40$ ever spent. Via Bluetooth know on your cell phone where your voltage and cranking amps are before you crank. Know if your magneto/stator is healthy at low and high idle. Know how much cranking amps you have and if there is any decay after cranking. Know if your battery tender is actually tending. Keep records over the course of a month.

Back