I had an event of the dreaded click yesterday after the bike sitting for two weeks. Battery is strong, cranking amps say bike is ready, click click click? Roll the bike back and forth and booom, bike starts strong. This looks like a bad contact in the selenoid/plunger mechanism inside the starter. Could it be another dirty sensor?

I had an event of the dreaded click yesterday after the bike sitting for two weeks. Battery is strong, cranking amps say bike is ready, click click click? Roll the bike back and forth and booom, bike starts strong. This looks like a bad contact in the selenoid/plunger mechanism inside the starter. Could it be another dirty sensor?
Sounds like starter needs the rebuild

Starting right up. These bikes don't like to sit for long. Resting voltage is 13.31, cranking voltage is dropping to 9.57, in the low region. Charging is good in idle and high rpm. Bad cable of need a new battery? Love my Battery Tracker.

Starting right up. These bikes don't like to sit for long. Resting voltage is 13.31, cranking voltage is dropping to 9.57, in the low region. Charging is good in idle and high rpm. Bad cable of need a new battery? Love my Battery Tracker.
I think thats too much drop. Id guess battery if dropping that low when cranking. This SOLAR tool will tell you. You enter battery info and it gives you cca of what battery is at, new example 330cca later 265cca, batteries die. Picture of a yussa down to 92cca, battery type for solar to work must match, they make a lithium tool but at 900cca in my current battery, i havent bought one yet for it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 1301073D-08C2-464D-80FA-B4894CA344FA.jpeg
    1301073D-08C2-464D-80FA-B4894CA344FA.jpeg
    139.5 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Yeah Kevin. This battery is about a year old. Has had perhaps 100 starts to it and it is already shoot. Buying a Lithium with more power. Loosing a day of riding to a bad battery is unacceptable.

Yeah Kevin. This battery is about a year old. Has had perhaps 100 starts to it and it is already shoot. Buying a Lithium with more power. Loosing a day of riding to a bad battery is unacceptable.
The restart if you go that route with there charger will give years of flawless service or they back it up with a pretty good warranty. Im 2 years and it really gets tested. the restart feature is so cool because if you have an issue that cau battery to not charge, you have a chance to fix it ie fuse or whatever, theoretically push a button on battery and power to ecu and fire. Thats why the ability to reset that low power to ecu code that is a no starter

Which model Antigravity to you run? The HD or the YTX20? Which charger do you keep on the battery?
I have the ATX-20-HD. Pictured box above in post 65, this unit does not have restart function just a massive load capability. And i bought this one, they are ok with you getting a charger from whoever as long as its for lithium, i called them and talked to them about my engine and what im running, big stereo, and they said hd for my settup. But the restart function im gonna get in my race build,

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 6
Back