Starting issue

What tune am I running? I don't even know what that means, I know the bike is original if you don't take into account the stupid cow bell the previous owner put on it (don't worry I ripped it out)
The tune is the program installed in the ecu some call it the map. It controls things like start up verses weather conditions. Control fueling. Timing, idle control signals to the idle stepper motor and a bunch of other sendor goodies. There was a recall early on do to start up and idle issues. The dealers would reflash to ecu with a new tune/map/program it takes less then a minute even with removing the seat.

If it was done to your bike your dealer should be able to check and confirm. Although it would probably be faster to reflash the ecu but heck its his time.

Last edited:
+1 on dirty injectors. I bought a car for my daughter and it had been owned by a 93yo fella and he drove it 30,000 klms in 8 years. When starting from cold it would splutter and be very sluggish but when the injectors were cleaned it was great. Car was a 2009 Subaru Impreza. She now has a turbo VW golf - what a great car.

u might try a couple of shots of starting fluid in the air cleaner and if it fires then that narrows it down to fuel,not cranking fast enough,injectors,bad fuel ect.

Your not by chance opening the throttle while cranking it are you ? Throttle should always be closed when starting.
No, I don't do that... but thanks for asking.
This morning was the coldest day yet, what I decided to do is to give it a boost to see how it would start. It started right up no problem.
Obviously I will need a new battery, but I read a lot of good advice here, I will probably add some injector cleaner, call my dealer to find out about the recall issue on the ecu.
I'm a new owner and a new member, this place and you guys are amazing, Thanks!

This morning was the coldest day yet, what I decided to do is to give it a boost to see how it would start. It started right up no problem.
Obviously I will need a new battery, but I read a lot of good advice here, I will probably add some injector cleaner, call my dealer to find out about the recall issue on the ecu.
I'm also wondering if its charging right, I'll have to verify

Don't say nothing about tune ecu or tune boy they are hackware to them. You want to ask about a recall on the engine map which was in 2007 they have it in there triumph computer tool.

Back