I had a very similar problem with my 06 rocket classic. found it was the clutch switch.I had replaced the starter all was fine for about a week . Then same issue all over again. Had clutch switch replaced so far do good. Seems there is a key switch,clutch switch and don't forget a kickstand switch. I hate electrics. Don't whant to seem to be Capt. Obvious. Just my experience.

I had a very similar problem with my 06 rocket classic. found it was the clutch switch.I had replaced the starter all was fine for about a week . Then same issue all over again. Had clutch switch replaced so far do good. Seems there is a key switch,clutch switch and don't forget a kickstand switch. I hate electrics. Don't whant to seem to be Capt. Obvious. Just my experience.
If it was a fault with any of the switches it wouldn't try to start at all, which it is when the starter solenoid just clicks !.
Cheers though.

Got it. I was lucky enough to find a starter off a wrecked bike.new ones are outrageous no one over here would rebuild it. Then it was not even the starter at least now I have a spare. Good luck best wishes .again I hate electronics.

Aren't there auto parts store bolt ons? I thought I saw a thread where there were bolt ons you can get from the parts store.

Is it possible to test the starter motor by removing the relay and connecting from the live terminal to the solonoid operating wire with a jumper lead to see if the motor turns over?

Is it possible to test the starter motor by removing the relay and connecting from the live terminal to the solonoid operating wire with a jumper lead to see if the motor turns over?
This is a trike and is difficult to get to it. But after several clicks it does start and is alright for a while then clicks again, and so on.
Cheers

Lookin at the pics of your Trike it looks like the right hand side panel is the same as standard .the starter relay is behind the panel,should be easy to access. Unless they have relocated it elsewhere.

Lookin at the pics of your Trike it looks like the right hand side panel is the same as standard .the starter relay is behind the panel,should be easy to access. Unless they have relocated it elsewhere.
It's not the relay that's at fault it's the starter solenoid mate.
Cheers

I was't saying it was your Relay! I was sayin you could test the Solonoid from the Relay if you wanted to. Good luck gettin it sorted.

Back