Speedometer Repair

Well ALL, took the first step of trying these powls guys out, n gotta say lookin forward to it. Bike was dropped off last night for scheduled diagnosis today. And after combing their website and speaking to staff Im feeling confident they may jus be that hidden eastrr egg for rocket3 speedo/ gauge issues that are apparently dead ends as far as gettin fixed;)

There's a company in Norman, Oklahoma, no idea why I remember that, I don't remember the company name, that rebuilt my truck speedometer years ago. Dealer wanted $1500 for new dashboard and cluster, they did it for about 150, I think, they even had a video on removing the dashboard

There's a company in Norman, Oklahoma, no idea why I remember that, I don't remember the company name, that rebuilt my truck speedometer years ago. Dealer wanted $1500 for new dashboard and cluster, they did it for about 150, I think, they even had a video on removing the dashboard
well havent heard back from em today, where they did say they would touch base, buuuut not gonna hold that against em. They told me their expertise is $85/hr. maybe after being officially diagnosed certain repairs are up for discussion of rate or price.
for my specific speedo issue. i was told the motorcycle was also needed there at the shop for proper diagnosis
not just speedometer assembly

Last edited:
To update this thread of progress with POWLS SPEEDOMETER REPAIR. as of the 26th i was contacted back, informing me of the diagnosis= the direct cause of the issues i was having with the engine fault warning light/ not being able to connect to tune ecu properly is directly linked to the speedometer needing repair. So from here a full cost of $150 is due for the dignostic and cost of parts needed to repair! spunds fair to me!

To update this thread of progress with POWLS SPEEDOMETER REPAIR. as of the 26th i was contacted back, informing me of the diagnosis= the direct cause of the issues i was having with the engine fault warning light/ not being able to connect to tune ecu properly is directly linked to the speedometer needing repair. So from here a full cost of $150 is due for the dignostic and cost of parts needed to repair! spunds fair to me!

That's not bad at all, please let us know when you have it back.

That's not bad at all, please let us know when you have it back.
yeah tell me about it! friggin tech assigned to it isnt back till wednsday now tho :( huge bummer. and although it was traced to the speedo, hes still gotta crack into it, to give me a proper quote. Altogether im still thinkimg should be cheaper than buying new at close to 400 or more. will update when Im up to speed

so finally i was contacted back by POWLS yesterday and spoke to the technician assigned to the speedo. Speedos all done and fully repaired! total due for diagnosis and repair after tax is $550. which i still dont think to be terrible, as a new speedo is roughly the same cost after shipping and tax. my situation was that the circuit board itself needed to be replaced! in order to communicate with the bikes ecm and give fault codes ect. ( note powls will first contact you before proceeding with getting replacement parts/performing repairs)

so finally i was contacted back by POWLS yesterday and spoke to the technician assigned to the speedo. Speedos all done and fully repaired! total due for diagnosis and repair after tax is $550. which i still dont think to be terrible, as a new speedo is roughly the same cost after shipping and tax. my situation was that the circuit board itself needed to be replaced! in order to communicate with the bikes ecm and give fault codes ect. ( note powls will first contact you before proceeding with getting replacement parts/performing repairs)
did they install a new board? If so, did you get your old borad back. Most boards have a part no. or other details on them. One might be able to source the board online.

did they install a new board? If so, did you get your old borad back. Most boards have a part no. or other details on them. One might be able to source the board online.
yes they had to replace the board as far as i understand. and no, havent even picked the bike up yet

Wow, 367% on initial estimation, that's heavy.
I can source a new black dial one for EUR 400 plus postage, probably not helpful now for you but USD 150 seemed pretty good, so this info didn't seem to be needed back then.

Back