pacificblue

.020 Over
Ride
56 plate r 3
Hello all ,R 3started her up as you do through winter once a week ,engine ,oil and temp , lights staying on ,any ideas please ,think may be stuck relay ?regards Terry .

Nae luck Terry , Red light is no oil pressure or over heating .How's yer oil level in the tank ?

Last week I rode mine in 34F to work & the tach wasn't moving & no lights on that side worked. When I got to work I killed it & waited a few secs then cranked back up n all worked :D o_O :confused: :rolleyes:

Because the bike never gets hot enough to burn off the acidic by-products of combustion and the exhaust will sit with moisture in it. The rings don't seal as well as they do under pressure from a loaded engine so there will be blow by into the crankcase, specially when first started, the battery isn't going to get recharged much after a cold start though a battery tender will help that. The gas tank will slowly empty which could lead to condensation inside leading to corrosion. The heating and cooling cycles will lead to condensation on the outside of the bike.....etc.

How about a 15 minute warm up and some engine revs? I'm speaking mostly for my wife's bike. I get out on mine as much as I can. I guess it wouldn't kill me to ride her girly Heritage soft tail around the neighborhood. :D

If red light is still on when you fire the bike up I'd have a look in the oil tank an see if your gettin a good oil return, use a torch for a better look. I'd be wary if it was me. I don't like red lights .

Back