Something Failed, let’s find it! Transmission Analysis.

Good Lord, @Kevin frazier , when do you sleep ?
Anything to go faster for Kev!
Rolle Free was just not committed enough.
Kev's ditching the trunks and getting his balls dimpled now too for airflow gains. ;) :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

1612260490680.png

Mirror finish intake runners are bad, on the exhaust it’s great. Years ago it was accepted as best practice on the intake side, but it’s been proven over and over that some texture is desirable on the intake side.

@sonny Just had a thought about HD specifically regarding intake runners: head temperatures. I imagine they get hot as far cylinder heads go, possibly hot enough to ever prevent fuel from sticking to the walls, just a guess but that would explain why they do best with mirrored runners.

I do feel the need to point out, they could look like the texture of the moon, the bike made 240/179 untuned with 15:1 AFRs...
correct, it allows some injected fuel to adhere and disrupt its flow a little so that it gives a better mix overall with airflow i believe it speeds up the burn and that is needed on higher revving engines.

Flow bench is only a tool like the dyno but some builders dont put much emphasis on flow bench because it does not take into account the exhaust fighting to put air back into the cylinders in a real life situation which we know ends intake being able to get air in unless a forced air system is in place.

Just as well there are no golf balls on an inlet port. **** that is complicated. I can get 240rwhp on a rocket, with 10.5 comp, 1 3/4" od headers and 450 lift cams and Max rpm 8000, no dimples, not much science. All we need is a customer to pay for it. Not so many people here in oz. ....
max rpm 8000 . No risk of floating valves , connectingrods are looking for a coming out of the crankcase? 😰 maybe you did change some other engineparts too ?

I agree with @Speedy with the air stuff he said, I'm not a scientist. @Claviger , you have spent so much money on this bike, maybe a new set of primary drive gears will be within the budget? Spin the box a bit quicker to take some load off it. Or don't use use the torque all of the time.
Primary drive gears? A new set? Neville is something I should look at while i have apart. Thanks

Oh look I conceptually designed a superior transmission with no moving gears, only moving dog rings, and 6 speeds, 3 shift forks, 3 dog rings, 2 notches in each path of the shift drum. All gears on the dog ring side are floating on the shaft so they spin freely when not engaged, all gears on the other shaft are splined so spin with the shaft.

OH LOOK: You don't need snap rings with this design, you can use shouldered spacers between the shouldered bushes.

Do I win a prize? Why in the hell hasn't this been implemented yet? I cannot possibly be the first person to come up with it....
Perfect Dog Trans.png

I love how the world works. My conceptual drawing posted above, is actually a MotoGP transmission design, used by Kawasaki. In a bizarre twist of fate my new bike uses exactly this design, just found out last night.

To answer the question yes it's smoother, has never slipped out of gear and has never missed a shift, and the quick shifter works flawlessly up and down from first through 6th across the neutral Gap.

So that's...6th gear, possible and done.
Conceptual trans possible and exists.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220730-095356_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220730-095356_Facebook.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Back