Something Failed, let’s find it! Transmission Analysis.

B9084F95-A4FA-4579-880F-C391FC502062.jpeg
539AB310-DD80-4FA6-AC2A-F9DFDCF8AF62.jpeg
Honestly I know your both right, I need to just start riding a plastic fantastic again.

Rocket will get strengthened and rebuilt. Quickshifter is coming off, the transmission clearly just can’t cope with it in the long term.

PS: Triumph can kiss my ars for how much they charge to pull the motor, 3 labor hours in, first time, and I’m nearly ready to drop the engine out already, this includes manual reference time and sorting out some of the dodgy wiring done by the techs who’ve been in under the tank besides me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly I know your both right, I need to just start riding a plastic fantastic again.

Rocket will get strengthened and rebuilt. Quickshifter is coming off, the transmission clearly just can’t cope with it in the long term.

PS: Triumph can kiss my ars for how much they charge to pull the motor, 3 labor hours in, first time, and I’m nearly ready to drop the engine out already, this includes manual reference time and sorting out some of the dodgy wiring done by the techs who’ve been in under the tank besides me.

B9084F95-A4FA-4579-880F-C391FC502062.jpeg 539AB310-DD80-4FA6-AC2A-F9DFDCF8AF62.jpeg
Well done dude in grabbing it by the balls and getting stuck in...my style too and i usually tell the wife to not talk to me till ime done,one day or one week:laugh:

That looks like carnage Rob,good job the oil pump strainers did they’re job! In my young Harley days I once blew a piston on a 79 Sportster not long after picking it up,that’s when I discovered Harley didn’t include an oil filter on that model,took a good few hours to get all the alloy out the oil tank!

Good glad it’s back. Can you send me your email in PM? I have something to send you to try out.

4 hours and I’m literally read to drop the motor, bolts all loose frames ready to give birth to a 2294cc baby. Need to go buy some things now lol.

I think your quest for high rpm and super fast gear changing/sport riding may have just slapped you in the face matey:(...why dont you leave all that manic stuff for bikes that where built for it and give the old girl an easier life;) not being negative here when i read your posts i feel your riding style would be better suited on a sports bike.

I look at it like my friend and his Jeep. His entire mindset is, I want to make THIS vehicle do THESE things, whatever it takes. Push it hard until something breaks, fix it stronger, keep pushing. For what he's put into it (money and TIME, as he fabricates a lot himself), he could've far more easily built a dedicated offroad rock crawler that would be better suited. But he wanted his daily driver on the trail, and he's got it. Not much breaks anymore, and that thing takes some unbelievable beatings.

@warp9.9
@mr hunt

Please clarify if you don’t mind:

If I drop the motor, flip it upside down, I can then split the cases without disturbing the balance shaft, crank, or valvetrain right? I think I’m seeing it like that in the manual.

I look at it like my friend and his Jeep. His entire mindset is, I want to make THIS vehicle do THESE things, whatever it takes. Push it hard until something breaks, fix it stronger, keep pushing. For what he's put into it (money and TIME, as he fabricates a lot himself), he could've far more easily built a dedicated offroad rock crawler that would be better suited. But he wanted his daily driver on the trail, and he's got it. Not much breaks anymore, and that thing takes some unbelievable beatings.

Pretty much exactly what I want. A very high HP bike, NA, that I can daily, ride to the track and throw down 9s with zero changes and ride home.

B9084F95-A4FA-4579-880F-C391FC502062.jpeg
539AB310-DD80-4FA6-AC2A-F9DFDCF8AF62.jpeg

I wish I had the same amount of time to devote to my hobbies...bloody work and wives ;);):D

Back